Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune HD

Zune HD Talk anything related to the Zune HD

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
incedio456
Experienced Zuner

incedio456 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to incedio456 Send a message via MSN to incedio456

I've had some problems with my ZuneHD like random restarts and other minor problems that I cannot remember at the moment, but overalll I'm satisfied and I love it. I still get some people want to play with it since it's different It sucks when I tell them that my apps make the Zune restart when I close them though =/ and I bought mine when it was still $220+tax so yea...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #22
stalecookie
Experienced Zuner

stalecookie is on a distinguished road

I desperately needed a new player. I loved my zune 30. I use my HD everyday. Most of the time i am using while working on stuff or waiting on bus. So basicly i payed for the same price as i would for ipod touch but i get a ton more space and does what i need it to.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:54 PM   #23
TexanTerminator14LOL
Experienced Member

TexanTerminator14LOL is on a distinguished road

Yo man, get the X-series Walkman, its almost the exact thing as the HD except its older. hey you said you needed another player.
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665869102

http://reviews.cnet.com/portable-aud...-33485026.html

Last edited by TexanTerminator14LOL; 03-21-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #24
HDRobot

HDRobot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktape33 View Post
I make out with my ZuneHD in odd places
WHAT??!!

Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #25
stalecookie
Experienced Zuner

stalecookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRobot View Post
WHAT??!!
oh my...

Old 03-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #26
???

??? is on a distinguished road

lol thats sick

Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #27
incedio456
Experienced Zuner

incedio456 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to incedio456 Send a message via MSN to incedio456

Ohyes.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #28
Hiro11
Zewbie

Hiro11 is on a distinguished road

I'd say it was a good buy, with the following caveats:
1. I wouldn't recommend getting a ZuneHD unless you plan on getting a ZunePass. IMO, it's the single, defining reason to get the Zune. This means that the ZHD is probably best for people who want lots of new music all the time, want to take advantage of all of the playlist/channel options and want to stay legit. I'm a huge music fan and I want new albums basically every day. ZunePass suits me perfectly.

2. Definitely spend the extra bucks to get the media dock. If you just buy it as a stand-alone player, you're missing a crucial dimension of the Zune: using it as a media server. The a/v output through the dock is great, the onscreen interface nice a clean and the remote is pretty well designed. The wifif syncing is seemless and extremely convenient. I'm not saying it works better as a server than a Touch (except it does output HD and have wifi syncing ...), just that the Zune is certainly just as good.

3. I use the Zune 90%+ of the time as a media player. The browser's pretty good, but no better than, say, Safari (actually, I think it's slightly slower). The apps are obviously basically non-existant, at least compared tho the world of the Touch. Facebook is nice and the Twitter app isn't bad, but the Zune is nowhere near being used to its potential on the hardware front by the apps...

4. I/m not particularly interested in having my primary media player integrated into my phone. That ropes you into either carrier-crippled awfulness or simply being stuck with a particular piece of hardware as your media player until your contract runs out. Also, you can't dock your phone... well I guess you can, but what happens if it rings while you're playing a movie? Having a duel-use device just makes things tricky for me. Call me weird, but I'd prefer to have two devices that are completely optimized and dedicated to their particular use. Convergence isn't always good

So, if I just purchased the ZHD without getting a ZunePass, didn't buy a dock, wanted to use it a significant proportion of the time for apps and wanted it integrated into my phone, I'd definitely have a different impression. The Zune works perfectly for me, but I certainly can't speak for everyone. My wife was the 32Gig Touch and that's a terrific little device as well and much better suited to her needs. To each their own.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #29
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
I'd say it was a good buy, with the following caveats:
1. I wouldn't recommend getting a ZuneHD unless you plan on getting a ZunePass. IMO, it's the single, defining reason to get the Zune. This means that the ZHD is probably best for people who want lots of new music all the time, want to take advantage of all of the playlist/channel options and want to stay legit. I'm a huge music fan and I want new albums basically every day. ZunePass suits me perfectly.

2. Definitely spend the extra bucks to get the media dock. If you just buy it as a stand-alone player, you're missing a crucial dimension of the Zune: using it as a media server. The a/v output through the dock is great, the onscreen interface nice a clean and the remote is pretty well designed. The wifif syncing is seemless and extremely convenient. I'm not saying it works better as a server than a Touch (except it does output HD and have wifi syncing ...), just that the Zune is certainly just as good.

3. I use the Zune 90%+ of the time as a media player. The browser's pretty good, but no better than, say, Safari (actually, I think it's slightly slower). The apps are obviously basically non-existant, at least compared tho the world of the Touch. Facebook is nice and the Twitter app isn't bad, but the Zune is nowhere near being used to its potential on the hardware front by the apps...

4. I/m not particularly interested in having my primary media player integrated into my phone. That ropes you into either carrier-crippled awfulness or simply being stuck with a particular piece of hardware as your media player until your contract runs out. Also, you can't dock your phone... well I guess you can, but what happens if it rings while you're playing a movie? Having a duel-use device just makes things tricky for me. Call me weird, but I'd prefer to have two devices that are completely optimized and dedicated to their particular use. Convergence isn't always good

So, if I just purchased the ZHD without getting a ZunePass, didn't buy a dock, wanted to use it a significant proportion of the time for apps and wanted it integrated into my phone, I'd definitely have a different impression. The Zune works perfectly for me, but I certainly can't speak for everyone. My wife was the 32Gig Touch and that's a terrific little device as well and much better suited to her needs. To each their own.
To this, I completely and totally agree.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
Pfheonix
Squirt

Pfheonix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktape33 View Post
1. The whole XNA thing is just a game
Thank you Captain Obvious. Sorry. Had to point that out.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #31
???

hi, pheonix. no offence or harm, but some people dont know what xna is. but thanks for contributing to the thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #32
TexanTerminator14LOL
Experienced Member

You know what be awsome if someone figured out how to put into the HD or others

FLO TV!!!!

Old 03-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #33
???

Whats that

Old 03-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #34
cmoserror1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfheonix View Post
Thank you Captain Obvious. Sorry. Had to point that out.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #35
TexanTerminator14LOL
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseski View Post
Whats that

Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #36
???

i yeah i saw that. an app like that would cost some $$$

Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #37
cmoserror1

there are so many more apps that would come out before something like flo tv. even though it WOULD be pretty awesome

Old 03-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #38
Carlos
Zune Freak

Carlos has a spectacular aura aboutCarlos has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Carlos Send a message via MSN to Carlos

I've had a Zune 30 for about 3 years now. Finally saved up the cash to buy myself a Zune HD 16GB for $170 on Amazon. Hasn't shipped yet, but I feel as though I made a good buy. I needed a new player myself and my 30 wasn't cutting it anymore.

I did however sell the 30 to one of my brothers friends, he needed his own MP3 Player so for $50 he's now able to enjoy the Zune that has been good for me for 3 years :3

Old 03-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #39
Beausiph
All of Beau's hoes, wanna take a ride on Beau's hose
Retired Global
Super Zuner

Beausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Beausiph

I <3 My Zhd.
My GF loves her Zhd.

*cough*(Cmos you could get Rose a pink zHD with somethin awesome engraved on the back. )*cough*

Old 03-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #40
acesxclaw

acesxclaw has a spectacular aura aboutacesxclaw has a spectacular aura about

Hell, yeah. I love my ZuneHD. It pisses me off when people say things like "the ZuneHD is useless." It was never intended nor marketed to be a mini-computer app machine. It does what it is SUPPOSED to do much better than the iPod, and that would be media playback.

Closed Thread