Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner
Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold
Default Smoked by Windows Phone burns through the competition

When Ben Rudolf walked the CES floor and offered to smoke any phone you had, we could only imagine the potential it had as a marketing tool to show, not tell, the advantages of Windows Phone 7 to a general audience rather than the largely tech-oriented crowd at CES 2012. Microsoft has posted occasional updates to Facebook, but now a much more comprehensive set of numbers is in.

With 51,313 challenges from CES to Microsoft retail stores across the country, a whopping 50,675 wins have gone to Windows Phone; that's 98% of all challenges won. The promotion is running in 36 countries and includes other similar challenges, such as Nokia India's "Blown Away by Lumia." Smoked by Windows Phone videos have garnered over eight million views on YouTube with 95% of voters hitting Like. Microsoft estimates that across the world over one hundred million people have participated in or read about the challenge, with everything from ads to social media sharing and news articles. You can check out this playlist for a selection of videos from the challenge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Pink Led Rush
Pink Led Rush is on a distinguished road

Didn't know there was a such thing as a Microsoft store.... haha

Gonna have to search one out.

I heard something about them doing a promotion where they gave you a new Windows phone if you lost, but I'm not sure if that's still going on.

Edit: Yep, there's not one near me. LOL

Last edited by Pink Led Rush; 05-09-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Closed Thread

no new posts