Go Back   Zune Boards > General Discussions > General/Life Discussion

General/Life Discussion Just talk about anything.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
Pyho
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Pyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud of
Default Higgs boson found?

Large Hadron Collider rival Tevatron 'has found Higgs boson', say rumours - Telegraph
Go Fermi Lab!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-13-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Wooh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

I won't be impressed until they find my missing 2,385 left socks, 548 BiC lighters, 48 balloons, and Hoffa...

Old 07-16-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

What is the reasoning behind finding something that serves no purpose in our real world now, where everything is perfectly liveable?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
BlackFox
Experienced Member

BlackFox will become famous soon enough

...What's Higgs boson?

Old 07-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Shadow
Vanguard of Darkness
Retired Staff
Zune Freak

Shadow will become famous soon enough

I'm going to say that the rationale is to better understand the universe. If people are able to know what the particle does, perhaps they'll be able to find a use for it. Maybe we could have "pocket universes" where we could safely dispose of our wastes.

BlackFox, it's one of the elementary particles in the universe. It's like an electron, basically.

Old 07-19-2010, 02:11 AM   #7
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I'm going to say that the rationale is to better understand the universe. If people are able to know what the particle does, perhaps they'll be able to find a use for it. Maybe we could have "pocket universes" where we could safely dispose of our wastes.

BlackFox, it's one of the elementary particles in the universe. It's like an electron, basically.
That is what we presume.

What it does is hold the universe together with gravity which is below atmosphere 1 but is above atmosphere 0. Therefore, we have no use for it as the only use it has is to hold all of the particles within this world together.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #8
Pyho
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Pyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud ofPyho has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge View Post
That is what we presume.

What it does is hold the universe together with gravity which is below atmosphere 1 but is above atmosphere 0. Therefore, we have no use for it as the only use it has is to hold all of the particles within this world together.
The Higgs Boson actually gives things mass.

For an in depth explanation check this:
http://www.higgs-boson.org/files/mass.pdf

Old 07-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #9
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeyourheadoff View Post
The Higgs Boson actually gives things mass.

For an in depth explanation check this:
http://www.higgs-boson.org/files/mass.pdf
Wasn't that kind of what I explained?

Anyway. Mass is an unforgivable force, which I don't think we should play with.

Closed Thread