Go Back   Zune Boards > General Discussions > The Archives

The Archives Classic threads from more simple times.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
hemlock
Zewbie

hemlock is on a distinguished road
Default [SOLVED] Why does my Zune Sync every time

Everytime I plug my zune in, it goes through all my media and "updates it". Why is it doing this? I haven't changed anything from the last time it was synced. It's really annoying.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
cmoserror1

im not sure but it does that to me too. im pretty sure its just its way of scanning for changes and also adding whatever artist info is needed.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
Shadow
Vanguard of Darkness
Retired Staff
Zune Freak

Shadow will become famous soon enough

Are you sure that it scans through literally all of your media? If you play through your songs a lot, the software updates such things as play count for those songs, so that's a possibility.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Creative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Creative Zune Send a message via MSN to Creative Zune

Because it updates your song plays and artist info.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Yea, everyone is right.

It refreshes the album info, adds new pictures and biography to artists that you have on your Zune, and checks play counts and other info which is then updated onto your ZuneCard/profile.

There is no way of turning this off, and as it does take a little while I can understand its going to get a little annoying. Maybe syncing more often will minimize the waiting time.

Solved/Closed.

If you have any other questions, please PM me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.