Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #21
xXfrawrXx
Zuner

xXfrawrXx is on a distinguished road

*Sigh* oh well guess I'll move on to an android powered pmp when my zune hd dies out. Hopefully i'll be able to purchase a windows phone 7.5 soon though

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #22
Scott1220
Senior Zuner

Scott1220 is a jewel in the roughScott1220 is a jewel in the rough

I kinda knew it when DaveMac retired. =/ Ill never forget Zune. Ill never forget this site.

Farewell Zune. Now to move on to WP7 or Cowon.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
V_Chip
Experienced Zuner

V_Chip has a spectacular aura aboutV_Chip has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFr1 View Post
I kinda knew it when DaveMac retired. =/ Ill never forget Zune. Ill never forget this site.

Farewell Zune. Now to move on to WP7 or Cowon.
'Tis my initial plan once my HD kicks the bucket.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #24
xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxjahasotoxx has a spectacular aura about

damn its done and even though i knew this was coming, I was really hopping it wouldn't

Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #25
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold

You'd think that they'd lower the prices on them because of this. Oh well, when mine eventually dies I'll either get an iPod Touch or a Cowon. That or get a Samsung Galaxy Player, which according to Amazon is due out in a week or 2.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #26
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge View Post
There is still a huge following of Zune owners which will come here for games and support, the site will remain somewhat active until every Zune is dead. I will stay here until I no longer have any Zune devices left, and my 30 is still going strong!
Which explains the less than 30 active members.

They sure took their damn time to tell the inevitable.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #27
Leonardo
Zewbie

Leonardo is on a distinguished road

What really angers me about this is not only the fact that the ZUNE HD was a terrific product that could have been successful had it been marketed better, it was that Microsoft continued to be dishonest to loyal customers by insisting that rumours of the Zune's demise were false and they were committed to the Zune brand (both software AND hardware).

Such a shame.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #28
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

I have a feeling we'll be able to still get Zunes from Amazon or Ebay many years from now. Either way, never buying an iPod.... maybe a creative zen, but not an iPod.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #29
alpha8768
Experienced Zuner

alpha8768 is on a distinguished road

Oh man... We are near the apocalypse! xD

Assuming that many of the actual Zune owners will probably switch to the Windows Phone 7, I think that we should rename the website and use it as a Windows Phone 7 board and continue to give news about the Zune ecosystem...

I actually have a Zune HD, but I will probably get a Samsung Focus or one of the wonderful (and expensive) Mango Phones... The Toshiba IS12T looks great, I hope that some of our Japanese friends will sell it to Ebay

Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 AM   #30
Elven6
Zewbie

Elven6 is on a distinguished road

I guessed the end was near when DaveMac left and the Zune Insider podcast ended abruptly, shame really, if the devices only released globally I'm sure it would have done much better.

RIP Zune, the best PMP I've ever owned.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #31
Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon is a glorious beacon of lightFlash Gordon is a glorious beacon of lightFlash Gordon is a glorious beacon of light

I am legitmately sad to see the Zune HD enter the abyss. I'm even considering a Windows Phone given how much I absolutely loved the Zune software.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #32
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
I am legitmately sad to see the Zune HD enter the abyss. I'm even considering a Windows Phone given how much I absolutely loved the Zune software.
Yeah, no way am I giving up the software, plan, UI, ect of Microsoft devices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #33
zunehdman
Zuner

zunehdman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to zunehdman
Smile

no!!! theey cant kill zune no no no no know were do i go kindle? ipod? what? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 10-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #34
LeoIrish
Zewbie

LeoIrish is on a distinguished road

I am not against the iPod, just not sure I really want one. If I did it would be more to use the apps versus music (Zune rules for music and podcasts!).

As a side note, I did purchase one of the European versions of the Galaxy Player 5" - it is a nice PMP.

But, even though I have something with a much larger screen and really good WiFi capabilities, I plan on continuing to use my 32HD for podcasts until either it breaks or the software stops supporting it. Simply put, it is just too easy to sync music and manage my podcasts on it!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #35
Madrock
Zuner

Madrock is on a distinguished road

So sad

Old 10-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #36
deathscythe
Experienced Zuner

deathscythe is on a distinguished road

Well.....Its been a fun ride, but every technological brand/company/service suffers through this fate.

Sadly this is the day that we pretty much were expecting. I started giving up on zune around the time I heard the closing of the Zune Originals. But I made the jump when I heard Dave resigned(No I didn't go Apple). I knew that it was going on a downward spiral, and it was pretty obvious after the amount of negative news towards the device. I still love my zune, even though I have a wp7. I'm gonna keep using my zune as my primary player until I get something else. We still have alternatives like Cowon J3(my choice, and you could customize the hell out of it), Samsung galaxy player, and Sony Walkman Z1000. Then I'd just use it as a backup device.

**** I'm already planning on canceling my Zune Pass and moving on to just buying more albums and file sharing(Just to see if it is worth my money).

Though I am dissapointed with MS. At a point around last Spring, they glimmered us with hope. Now I feel they were screwing with us. Plus it wasn't even a long time since. But we did get what we were asking for the most( Update, More Apps) except a new device. Looking at a company like MS they have the eligibility to do more with the device, but no. I can't really say much since you know where I'm going and we all heard it before.

Kinda Ironic how we here this around the Samsung Players are announced and Apple has there conference.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #37
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunehdman View Post
no!!! theey cant kill zune no no no no know were do i go kindle? ipod? what? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Kindle's don't play music, last I checked.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #38
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfy View Post
Kindle's don't play music, last I checked.
I'm assuming the Kindle Fire does.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #39
V_Chip
Experienced Zuner

V_Chip has a spectacular aura aboutV_Chip has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm assuming the Kindle Fire does.
My friend has a Kindle eReader. He's able to put and play music on it.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #40
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

I'm so sad! I've had all the iterations of the Zune, so it's a bit disheartening to hear that the device is off the production line. It's been a good run though, and I don't respect buying the devices.

Closed Thread