Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
NickT240009
Squirt

NickT240009 is on a distinguished road

I'm Excited to try out the new apps. Lol I wouldn't have even known about them if I didn't read this.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #22
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysqueakycat View Post
Um, where do I do that? Clock only gives option to change time and format of time (not date). I've had a Zune HD for two years and I don't remember ever seeing a place to change the date. Can you please enlighten me?
I though there was a date setting on the Zune HD but I just looked and nothing. It is a bit odd for them not to include one.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #23
mysqueakycat
Zewbie

mysqueakycat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I though there was a date setting on the Zune HD but I just looked and nothing. It is a bit odd for them not to include one.
Yeah, I tried removing the app from the device, closing the software, rebooting the device and then reopened and redownloaded the device and the app; still says Aug 3 and nowhere to change it.

My husband says this must have been created in Australia or something; I hope they come out with a fix to this or the calendar is next to useless; I don't think I would be able to deal with making everything one day earlier (or later) for appointments.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #24
NickT240009
Squirt

NickT240009 is on a distinguished road

This is kind of off topic, but Does Anybody know if the Fan Prediction App will be updated to have more sports?

Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #25
OhSmackthat
Squirt

OhSmackthat is an unknown quantity at this point

YES!!!

Thank you Zune! These new apps are great and seem to keep me entertained.
I love finger paint!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:38 PM   #26
mysqueakycat
Zewbie

Exclamation

Quote:
Yeah, I tried removing the app from the device, closing the software, rebooting the device and then reopened and redownloaded the device and the app; still says Aug 3 and nowhere to change it.

My husband says this must have been created in Australia or something; I hope they come out with a fix to this or the calendar is next to useless; I don't think I would be able to deal with making everything one day earlier (or later) for appointments.
Okay, this is getting freakier; I have 2 Zune HDs (one 32GB which I ran out of space on; and a new 64GB which I just bought from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. The "today" date on the 64GB is Aug 3, but the "today" date on the 32GB is correct, Aug 2.

So how do I get this fixed? Although it was supposed to be new (and packaging was new) when I registered it, it said the warranty expired in October which I resolved with Microsoft and they fixed it. My husband thinks this particular device was either set to sell in Australia (or somewhere in that time zone or close) or it had already been used.

I guess I'll have to contact Microsoft unless somebody knows a registry item or something that will change this. I bought the 64 for a reason and it will be upsetting to me if this can't be fixed.

I wonder if reinstalling the firmware will do the trick (although I don't look forward to having to fill the device back up with everything, it took two days last time. Arrrrrghhhh!!!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #27
mysqueakycat
Zewbie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Okay, this is getting freaky; I forgot I also have a Zune HD 32GB (that ran out of room). I went ahead and sync'd the calendar app to it and it has the correct "today" date - Aug 2). But my 64GB is still Aug 3. I wonder if a firmware uninstall/reinstall would help? I did the update when I got the supposedly "new" Zune a couple of weeks ago.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #28
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Quote:
Okay, this is getting freaky; I forgot I also have a Zune HD 32GB (that ran out of room). I went ahead and sync'd the calendar app to it and it has the correct "today" date - Aug 2). But my 64GB is still Aug 3. I wonder if a firmware uninstall/reinstall would help? I did the update when I got the supposedly "new" Zune a couple of weeks ago.
Make sure you have the correct am/pm setting.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #29
mysqueakycat
Zewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooglehead View Post
Make sure you have the correct am/pm setting.
am/pm setting is correct (same as on my 32g that shows the date correct). Besides, I first sync'd it at about 4 o'clock in the morning here and it still said Aug 3 so that couldn't have been it.

ZuneSupport on Twitter suggested first updating firmware (didn't help) then doing a complete wipe. I have so much content it will take me a day and a half to resync it so if anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it. I find it odd that there isn't a way to change this setting on the device. Makes no sense.

Well, apparently there is a bigger problem; as of now my 32G says that today is Aug 3 (and it's still only 8:22 pm on Aug 2).

I have wiped and reinstalled the firmware on this advice many times recently so I doubt reloading the firmware will do any good.

Apparently my 64G is in a different time zone than my 32g and they're both wrong.

I sure wish somebody would come up with a fix for this. I was waiting for a calendar app and now it's useless to me.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #30
Prodigy

Prodigy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Prodigy Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy

Does anyone know how to get ALL of the updates?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #31
WILLIAN7
Zewbie

WILLIAN7 is on a distinguished road

1- Great batch of apps!

2- I think it's time to change Apps menu to something more filtered, you know?! Games, Social, Entertainment, Others... just an idea.

Thanks for the post.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #32
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAN7 View Post
1- Great batch of apps!

2- I think it's time to change Apps menu to something more filtered, you know?! Games, Social, Entertainment, Others... just an idea.

Thanks for the post.
Oooo, that sounds nice. I would like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #33
Prodigy

Prodigy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Prodigy Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIAN7 View Post
1- Great batch of apps!

Thanks for the post.
That is a great idea, and i think that the Zune could be an even bigger threat to the ipod cuz of that...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #34
yodathewize
Jr. Zuner

yodathewize is on a distinguished road

I thought that the "pins" section was the Zune solution for app organization. "metro" is designed to get away from lists,or disguise them.

yay! A calender app that won't restart! I have been waiting a long time for this.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #35
cguzma23
Zewbie

cguzma23 is on a distinguished road

My Color Spill app is doing the same thing with replacing the Reversi icon. Is there a way I can fix this? Is this happening to everyone or just some people? It looks like a fun game, but I can't play it

Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #36
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cguzma23 View Post
My Color Spill app is doing the same thing with replacing the Reversi icon. Is there a way I can fix this? Is this happening to everyone or just some people? It looks like a fun game, but I can't play it
For me, Reversi is still there, and below it is Color Spill, which is also called Reversi, but it still opens Color Spill. Color Spill also has a glitch where it doesn't keep track of turns or the time. (number of turns is always 0 and time is always 00:00)

Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #37
jnguyen0749
Experienced Zuner

jnguyen0749 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem as cguzma23. Reversi's icon is replaced by Color Spill, while the Color Spill app is missing.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #38
COLD MARCUS
Jr. Zuner

COLD MARCUS is on a distinguished road

Color Spill app works perfectly fine for me

Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #39
cmendonc2
Squirt

cmendonc2 is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this has been posted, but I got a screenfull of errors from Slider Puzzle:

and

All I did was try to select one of my pictures in the file browser....

Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #40
COLD MARCUS
Jr. Zuner

COLD MARCUS is on a distinguished road

I got the same error with slider puzzle.

Closed Thread