Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #21
Scott1220
Senior Zuner

Scott1220 is a jewel in the roughScott1220 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by blegs38552 View Post
I have a Windows 6.5 phone. Anyone know if there is an update for this, and how to get it?
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ng=en&id=23384

download the cab file and follow directions.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2011, 02:55 PM   #22
jeffsyang
Experienced Zuner

jeffsyang is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jeffsyang

I was so excited when I saw that the zune hd finally got a firmware update but was shot down when i saw that it was only a security patch kind of one. Although it is nice that they provided this, I hoped for a more robust update. For example, integrating the album shuffle app into the firmware. (ex: making it so that tapping on the shuffle icon a second time would shuffle albums and not only songs. The app requires too much power). Another is to upgrade the internet browser to be based off of something a bit more modern instead of ie6 (i think) and possibly help it render sites a bit better (google.com gets rendered a bit strangely). Another would be an increase in video codecs supported. I really don't care for the apps, but a robust firmware update would be MUCH appreciated.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #23
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

The new homepage is the regular Zune website instead of that "Zune is Everywhere" page. I like the real Zune site better, so this is nice... but it wasn't the reason for the update.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #24
Polish Hacker
Zewbie

Polish Hacker is on a distinguished road
Default Derp 0_0

Has anyone's Zune HD 16GB had trouble turning on after the update? Mine won't turn on. Even if it is plugged in....:/

Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM   #25
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Hacker View Post
Has anyone's Zune HD 16GB had trouble turning on after the update? Mine won't turn on. Even if it is plugged in....:/
Nope, mine's working fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby1996 View Post
The new homepage is the regular Zune website instead of that "Zune is Everywhere" page.
Turns out it has nothing to do with the update. The page that used to say "Zune is Everywhere" is still the Zune's homepage, but it redirects to Zune.net now.

Closed Thread