Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all
Default U.S. Cellular to Offer First Windows Phone Tomorrow

[Image from HTC]

Tomorrow, US Cellular users around the country will rejoice in glee as the company releases their first Windows Phone 7 for the public. The phone is called the Windows Phone 7 Pro, a variant of the HTC Arrive. The pro has a digital compass (ooo!), GPS, FM radio, 3G, and a 5.0 megapixel autofocus camera with flash and records 720p. Anther neat feature is the sliding QWERTY keyboard that also tilts to allow comfort as seen in the above image. The device also had a 1GHz processor and 576MB of RAM, along with a 3.5 inch screen that isn't too colossal for you multi-media experience.

Anyways, the phone is going on sale at $199 with a mail-in rebate tomorrow, 6/13.

Sources: MobileTechReviews; HTC.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ZuFi; 06-14-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
CookieSlayer666
Experienced Zuner

CookieSlayer666 will become famous soon enough

Boo, they're not in San Diego. No phone for meee!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

Never even heard of US Cellular...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

You haven't? O_o

Old 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

Sorry to disapoint you... Here in NJ all we use is AT&T, verizon, and ocassionally t mobile.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

Who is U.S. Cellular?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

We have U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, Cricket.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #8
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

I use US Cellular! YEAH! I would NEVER leave them, Their service is great! Free incoming, USC to USC, late, and weekend calls! I couldn't give that up

Now, for WP7, I do remember mentioning that USC was planning on releasing at least one WP7 phone by the end of the summer. I didn't think they'd make one available this early. This is great news... for me.

Here's that phone.

Last edited by Cubby1996; 06-14-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
Daltoncarl
Zuner

Daltoncarl has disabled reputation

I've been a US Cellular fan for a long time. I get Service from New Hampshire to Tenneesse. I have a Windows phone 6.5(standerd) and was going to go back and get a blackberry bold thursday cause i can get a new phone.. But not now! i almost cried when i saw this! I will be getting this phone thursday! Now i can actually help Dirk out when he makes apps.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #10
Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon is a glorious beacon of lightFlash Gordon is a glorious beacon of lightFlash Gordon is a glorious beacon of light

This is actually kinda neat. I'll compare this carrier to T-Mobile (and see if they're even available in my neck of Arizona).

Edit: It's not

Old 06-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #11
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

Yeah, I think they might me mostly available in the Midwest. I still get coverage across the US, so I can't imagine why they don't have stores out by anyone else...

Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #12
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

HTC 7 Pro = HTC Arrive (Sprint)

"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 06-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

I've never heard of U.S. Cellular o_O

Old 06-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #14
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

Maybe it's not a western US thing.

Like, we don't have Qwest.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
This is actually kinda neat. I'll compare this carrier to T-Mobile (and see if they're even available in my neck of Arizona).

Edit: It's not

To be Frank, there isn't much anything special about it.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

I live in Massachusetts, and I've never heard of it either.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #16
Tompkins1113
Jr. Zuner

Tompkins1113 is on a distinguished road

It's in Nebraska.. actually it's pretty big

Old 06-16-2011, 05:07 AM   #17
DemiNutive
Zuner

DemiNutive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DemiNutive Send a message via MSN to DemiNutive Send a message via Yahoo to DemiNutive Send a message via Skype™ to DemiNutive

When I seen this i rushed to the USC website and checked the coverage and was sad to see it's not anywhere near Mass. My wife was talking about maybe moving to Arkansas and that she has heard of USC and she tought they had service there, so I checked and much to my dismay no coverage in the area we might move to. So I guess I'm stuck with my HD7 till my contract with T-Mobile is up for renew. I like my HD7 but miss the full QWERTY keyboard i had on my SideKick, and much to my surgin the new SideKicks run android. Can't a windows lover get a break!

PS oh wow I need to update alot of my info!

Last edited by DemiNutive; 06-16-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: after thought

Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #18
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

yensed is a jewel in the roughyensed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to yensed

I wish US Cellular would go away or get bought-out already. I think the more cell service choices the better - but they aren't changing for the better and its such a pain having to deal with them when someone asks me for help. They actually still charge for Roaming on many of their plans and have the most Idiotic representatives I've ever met. I would use any other service prover (Even pre-paid) before I went through them.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #19
B777Forever
Ignorance is my friend :3

B777Forever will become famous soon enough

U.S cellular is perhaps one of the best regional carriers here in the U.S. They have great service where I live (then again, they are headquartered here). Good for them getting some awesome phones.

Closed Thread