Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #41
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensed View Post
The story being on the zuneboards homepage in the way it is makes the site like stupid. Not a thing has been confirmed. For all we know he is in charge of WP7 and the current Zune. ZB Fail.
At least someone has some sense around here.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #42
SFI RACING
Zewbie

SFI RACING is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You realize that was posted when EVERYONE was saying the zune was dead right?
That was posted less then 10 days ago. Thats when everyone has been saying the zune is dead only in the last ten days. Don't get upset at me i'm just pointing out an article that says they were told point blank that zune entertainment is alive but the zune MP3 player is dead. I that it stinks as much as most of the rest of us do. Microsoft should have gotten into the music buisness alot sooner and we may not be having this topic. I wish it wasnt so because they Zune HD was an amazing device and would have loved to see it evolve into something more. Oh well guess it time to get a windows phone 7 and move on with my life.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #43
TheMystic
Zuner

TheMystic is on a distinguished road

Actually, the article was published on March 15, the same day that Bloomberg had an article that declared the Zune dead. And the article says that "Microsoft reportedly" has killed the Zune. That is not a statement of fact, but just the repetition of a rumor.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #44
deathscythe
Experienced Zuner

deathscythe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend
Since I am on my Zune and cannot copy and paste a link. I suggest you guys head over to zunited. a forum member got very odd email from the Zune team saying that the device is on its way out, after his dad tried getting an extended warranty.
Quote:
From: Zune Originals Customer e-Support <ZuneOrders@css.one.microsoft.com>
To: Scott
Sent: Mon, March 28, 2011 12:21:08 PM
Subject: RE: SRX1151556976ID - Extended Service

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Zune. Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide you with an extended warranty for your Zune devices at this time, as Zune devices will no longer be manufactured or supported. We understand the inconvenience this may cause, however we are unable to offer you an extended warranty for your devices due to these circumstances.

We're absolutely committed to providing the best movies, music, and TV show experiences through Zune on Xbox, the PC, Windows Phone 7 and Zune devices. We'll share more information about the evolution of the Zune entertainment service and Zune hardware as future plans develop on Zune.net.

Sincerely,
Nathan G.
The Zune Originals Team
I called ms to get clarification on this subject matter and this is towards the zune legendary devices and legendary originals. They told me that this doesn't apply to the HD since it is their highest promoted device(or something like that). This was from the manager and he said that this also doesn't apply and originals of the HD. He also stated that the reason why they took out extended warranty for all devices(including wp7) was because there was a low and limited demand and amount of people choosing the option for extended warranty. They said they are aware of the rumors and said the same statement about the evolution of the ecosystem and hardware(if it was just ecosystem it would be redundant, and wouldn't mentioned in the first place). They also stated they can't give out confidential info(of course)

But one of the questions they asked me was that if I am part of the media/press. I told them no, but I asked them would a forum like here and abi would count. He denied that statement. He would consider something like gizmodo or engadget part of the press. It would be a different story if we were part of the media.

Lastly he told me that if an official statement of the zune hardware line being discontinued from ms, they would've put it on the zune.net site. So there you go. in the end they gave me this email for questions and such on the subject

zunepress@edelman.com

God do I hate calling support for anything

Last edited by deathscythe; 03-28-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #45
cooldrummer321
Experienced Zuner

cooldrummer321 will become famous soon enough

COOL BEANS
added to stumbleupon

Old 03-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #46
ejstan
Jr. Zuner

ejstan is on a distinguished road

Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #47
Warlord55
Squirt

Warlord55 is on a distinguished road

I hope there is a new zune coming out cause my zune 80 died. I would get a zune hd, but I want to have one better than all my friends

Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 AM   #48
shibuki1199
Jr. Zuner

shibuki1199 is on a distinguished road

Yes!!! A chance to kill the ipod! I want apple's empire to fall I don't care how impossible anyone else says it is. It will take a lot of work but it can be done.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 AM   #49
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

The iPod wouldn't die. Nice try, though

Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #50
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibuki1199 View Post
Yes!!! A chance to kill the ipod! I want apple's empire to fall I don't care how impossible anyone else says it is. It will take a lot of work but it can be done.
yeah... never gonna happen

Old 03-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #51
bobbyeggo

bobbyeggo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bobbyeggo Send a message via MSN to bobbyeggo Send a message via Skype™ to bobbyeggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibuki1199 View Post
Sadly there are too many stupid people for that to happen.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #52
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

yensed is a jewel in the roughyensed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to yensed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyeggo View Post
Sadly there are too many stupid people for that to happen.
Those damn Zune developers.

Last edited by yensed; 03-31-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #53
Cmos.Error

Cmos.Error is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Cmos.Error

Woah . Thank god, the zHD is still the best PMP around. Excited to see what MS has in store

Old 03-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #54
bobbyeggo

bobbyeggo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bobbyeggo Send a message via MSN to bobbyeggo Send a message via Skype™ to bobbyeggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensed View Post
Those damn Zune developers.
I'm talking about the people that buy the stuff.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 PM   #55
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Can someone explain to me where EXACTLY it proves that the Zune is alive and there will be a new one? Don't think so

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 04-01-2011, 06:23 AM   #56
blegs38552
Jr. Zuner

blegs38552 is on a distinguished road

Really does not look good to me. However, I am happy with my 32 GB HD and would not look to upgrade unless a new version was radically improved in any case. I might consider a WP7 phone in my next upgrade if a lot more apps are made available to rival what Android has today (unfortunately, many quality apps are currently being written for Android and IPhone, but now for WP7 at this time), but would still keep my Zune HD since it offers consierably more storage space (from what I have read, WP7's have 16 GB with no HD card add-ons), and provides me with the FM-HD channels, which as far as I know, no WP7 phone does today.

We will see....

Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #57
Redzero36
Squirt

Redzero36 is an unknown quantity at this point

YES long live the zune!!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:29 AM   #58
DemiNutive
Zuner

DemiNutive is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DemiNutive Send a message via MSN to DemiNutive Send a message via Yahoo to DemiNutive Send a message via Skype™ to DemiNutive

I own a WP7 (HTC HD7) and a Zune HD (32gb) and the interface zune wise is different, if the future Zune HD is heading the way of WP7 i would much rather use my Zune HD for music then have its functions anything like my WP7

Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #59
Bob Hope 15
Zewbie

Bob Hope 15 is on a distinguished road

just saying, the link shows absolutely no proof that there will be a new zune, let alone that zune is alive. my zune is my best friend, don't get me wrong, but to say that his job description from feb. 2010 says he works on zune, doesn't mean anything. microsoft already stated that zune team isn't getting fired, so why this news means anything i don't know.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #60
Warlord55
Squirt

Warlord55 is on a distinguished road

so im guessing the new zune wasn't announced?

Closed Thread