Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #21
B777Forever
Ignorance is my friend :3

B777Forever will become famous soon enough

Why am I doubting this will happen?
Knowing Microsoft, this has a 50/50. I would love to see a new revamped Zune....but I really doubt it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2011, 06:03 PM   #22
shadowskater555

shadowskater555 is on a distinguished road

Wow, incredibly epic news! cant wait to here more about this mystery device.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
garthbartin
Experienced Zuner

garthbartin is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think anyone is reading the thread before posting. Or really even paying attention to the source linked.

As far as anyone can tell, this is not a confirmation. It's a rumor. IMO a really really shaky rumor. All it said was that this guy is responsible for future zune generations. This in no way means that he's announcing a future zune or even that there will be a future zune. Don't get excited yet.

Last edited by garthbartin; 03-27-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #24
bobbyeggo

bobbyeggo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bobbyeggo Send a message via MSN to bobbyeggo Send a message via Skype™ to bobbyeggo

I didn't see anything that pointed towards a new Zune, but here's to hoping.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #25
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

enterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to all

**** YES!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #26
rubenbest
Zuner

rubenbest is an unknown quantity at this point

okay this is what i have to say about this.... when all these rumors came out that the zune hardware is dead so many people complained about it. it even was a hot topic on tiwtter. im sure microsoft saw that and said its probably worth an investment to make a new device.so many people are zune fans. also all of us have complained about what the zune should have on it for 18 months now. i wanna know how in the world some people think that the next zune device can be a failure. if its anything like wp7 which it probably will be it will be an ipod competitor. therefore microsoft should not scrap the zune hardware or software because i believe that the whole "zune ecosystem" is finally coming all together

Old 03-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #27
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

Good news is good.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #28
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

It might not be 100% guaranteed, but it lets us believe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #29
Godikt
Zewbie

Godikt is on a distinguished road

I would buy it despite I have a Windows Phone 7 and a Zune HD.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #30
yensed
Anti-Fanboy
Retired Staff
Super Zuner

yensed is a jewel in the roughyensed is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to yensed

The story being on the zuneboards homepage in the way it is makes the site like stupid. Not a thing has been confirmed. For all we know he is in charge of WP7 and the current Zune. ZB Fail.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:19 AM   #31
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yensed View Post
The story being on the zuneboards homepage in the way it is makes the site like stupid. Not a thing has been confirmed. For all we know he is in charge of WP7 and the current Zune. ZB Fail.
or they COPY AND PASTED the same stuff from last year.

"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 03-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #32
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

A little story here...

Charge told me to write the article, so I wrote the article.

But IMHO, Dave confirmed the Zune is not dead as you can read in our previous frontpage news, and Microsoft has stated that WP7 is just "this years Zune hardware".

In Dave I trust.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #33
garthbartin
Experienced Zuner

garthbartin is an unknown quantity at this point

The headline and op should be changed a little to make it more clear that there is some disagreement here because everyone is coming in here thinking that there was an outright statement by M$ about a new zune or something.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #34
SFI RACING
Zewbie

SFI RACING is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate to be the guy who brings this up but it looks to me as the zune may soon be dead.

Microsoft to discontinue Zune player, focus on Zune software for smartphones - Phone Arena

I'm just as disapointed as the rest of you.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #35
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFI RACING View Post
I hate to be the guy who brings this up but it looks to me as the zune may soon be dead.

Microsoft to discontinue Zune player, focus on Zune software for smartphones - Phone Arena

I'm just as disapointed as the rest of you.
You realize that was posted when EVERYONE was saying the zune was dead right?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #36
bobbyeggo

bobbyeggo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bobbyeggo Send a message via MSN to bobbyeggo Send a message via Skype™ to bobbyeggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
You realize that was posted when EVERYONE was saying the zune was dead right?
No offense to anyone, but why are there so many stupid people here?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #37
Zombii Matt
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyeggo View Post
No offense to anyone, but why are there so many stupid people here?
Most people here are under 18 thats why.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #38
Legend
Zune Freak

Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

Since I am on my Zune and cannot copy and paste a link. I suggest you guys head over to zunited. a forum member got very odd email from the Zune team saying that the device is on its way out, after his dad tried getting an extended warranty.

"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 03-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #39
Zombii Matt
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
Since I am on my Zune and cannot copy and paste a link. I suggest you guys head over to zunited. a forum member got very odd email from the Zune team saying that the device is on its way out, after his dad tried getting an extended warranty.
Quote:
From: Zune Originals Customer e-Support <ZuneOrders@css.one.microsoft.com>
To: Scott
Sent: Mon, March 28, 2011 12:21:08 PM
Subject: RE: SRX1151556976ID - Extended Service

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Zune. Unfortunately we are no longer able to provide you with an extended warranty for your Zune devices at this time, as Zune devices will no longer be manufactured or supported. We understand the inconvenience this may cause, however we are unable to offer you an extended warranty for your devices due to these circumstances.

We're absolutely committed to providing the best movies, music, and TV show experiences through Zune on Xbox, the PC, Windows Phone 7 and Zune devices. We'll share more information about the evolution of the Zune entertainment service and Zune hardware as future plans develop on Zune.net.

Sincerely,
Nathan G.
The Zune Originals Team

Old 03-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #40
Legend
Zune Freak

Well share more at a later time ... Sounds exactly like what Dave said ...

Closed Thread