Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold
Default New Features Coming to Mango

With Mango coming up just over the horizon, more news is coming out about just what the final product is going to look like.

The first new feature is the addition of Wi-Fi tethering. This allows you to use your phone's data connection to provide internet over Wi-Fi to multiple devices. It's a common feature on smartphones and a useful one, so it's good to see it made its way over, though it's also commonly locked on some carriers without paying extra for a special plan, so let's hope that scourge doesn't hit us here.

The second new feature is Skype video chat using the front-facing camera. Again, also common on the smartphone market so this is good to see. Now news on whether or not it'll be tied to Wi-Fi or work with a cell signal as well, which would set it apart from, say, Facetime.

It seems with everything we learn about Mango, the better WP7 looks. When people talk about smartphones they usually think iOS or Android, but Microsoft continues to push towards making WP7 a worthy contender that can do everything the others can do and more, maintaining the same design philosophy and style we've come to know and love with the Zune. Let's hope the juice is as good as it looks.

[Source: Gizmodo]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

I'm just looking forward to custom ringtones and voice-t-text,

Old 08-26-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
shadowskater555

shadowskater555 is on a distinguished road

I was gonna post the link to wp7 tethering yesterday lol, that was really the only thing kinda holding me back from getting on tmobile.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

I think I might rarely use tethering, for it drains the battery quickly and usually isn't very fast. Besides, why should I share MY internets!?

Old 09-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
theblueboy

theblueboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to theblueboy

One thing they should fix is when you go to a file sharing site such as mediafire and
download a mp3 or zip file in the WP7 browser, it just doesn't allow you to stream the
files temporary and then when you exit home you can't assess the file ever again and you lose
the space of that download....Hope IE9 fixes this flaw.......Is there an app for WP7 that
manages files like "Download Manager" does for the IPod touch and IPhone? And no
I'm not interested in hacking my phone.

Last edited by theblueboy; 09-25-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Closed Thread