Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Tech. Help

Tech. Help Come here for help with technology related problems.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
OneWinged
Zewbie

OneWinged is on a distinguished road
Default Need help setting up my 1st home theatre system

Being my first surround setup, forgive me if this is more obvious than I'm making it seem. Basically, I have a Sharp Aquos LC-46LE810UN with a PS3, 2 Xbox 360's(1 domestic, 1 Japanese) connected by HDMI, a Zune MP3 dock connected by components, and a computer connected via DVI. I just purchased a Philips HTS3106/F7 Home Theater system but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get them all to agree with each other. Basically I'd like to be able to change the input on the tv and have the sound play through the speakers. But I can only get sound through the PC auxiliary(3.5mm -> RCA's). I can't get sound to output from the tv to the theater. I know HDMI are supposed to be dual direction, right? But the TV itself isn't allowing output without use of a specified "Audio Out"? If that theory is correct, then the optical audio output should correct this problem, right? From there I run into the problem in differing i/o's between the TV and receiver. The tv, as mentioned, uses optical audio but the input for digital audio on the home theater system uses coaxial. Amazon has some converters that are cheap but would this degrade sound? If I'm interpreting the TV manual correctly, it shouldn't downsample, and with the receiver only having the single digital input and hdmi(which is screaming "output" at me, now that I look at it, I'm guessing it's probably my only option anyways? I apologize if this is completely incoherent: I haven't slept in at least 30 hours and have been wrestling with this, so my brain is all but fried at this point. I'd appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks for your time.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Closed Thread