Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Tech. Help

Tech. Help Come here for help with technology related problems.

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend
Default Anyone know how to fix a PS3 YLOD?

So this guy I know who repairs computers was given a broken PS3, with something wrong(I am assuming YLOD because he mentioned the RROD) and he asked me if I wanted it. So I said yes, does anyone know a way to fix the YLOD? I want to give my bro the PS3 when I get it fixed(since I already have one).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Throw it in an oven.

I'm not even kidding.

Well, maybe a little, but that's one way to fix a RROD. Dunno what causes a YLOD of death though.

You can, however, use Google as well as I can and find the answers: http://playstationlifestyle.net/foru...?t=2376&page=1
http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0

And without even reading them I noticed the word "reflow." That means solder. Which is what the "wrap in a towel in a warm oven for a while" RROD fix fixes. So I was right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #3
Austin98989

Austin98989 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Throw it in an oven.

I'm not even kidding.

Well, maybe a little, but that's one way to fix a RROD. Dunno what causes a YLOD of death though.

You can, however, use Google as well as I can and find the answers: http://playstationlifestyle.net/foru...?t=2376&page=1
http://community.us.playstation.com/...art=0&tstart=0

And without even reading them I noticed the word "reflow." That means solder. Which is what the "wrap in a towel in a warm oven for a while" RROD fix fixes. So I was right.
Heating up the console destroys it even more.

Trust me i tried

Old 11-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin98989 View Post

Trust me i tried
It depends. The best method is, of course, direct heat, but that doesn't mean that general heat can't work because it has worked. It's just not the best method.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
tnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin98989 View Post

Trust me i tried
Locke's a genius. Don't question him.

Closed Thread