Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune Accessories and Review

Zune Accessories and Review Learn about all the hot Zune accessories and leave your reviews!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Spenk009
Squirt

Spenk009 is on a distinguished road
Default Zunes working with Samsung Galaxy Tab cables?

Just a quick thought, do the samsung galaxy tab usb cables work on zunes? I will go out and buy one if there's no feedback in a few hours, but I would really appreciate any help on the matter.

This is only an issue because I'm stuck in Thailand & my little brother and I forgot to bring a sync cable. Tried ebay, but I gave up because paypal was having big issues with the new system and its too late to send it to the hotel.

I heard that people used the zune dock to play video & sound and reported it as working & from what ive seen, the cable looks pretty good too. Any help appreciated

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
SilentWalrus
Knowledgable Walrus
Support Team
Expert Zuner

SilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to behold

I highly doubt it.
You could try it, but I honestly doubt that it would work.
It may even damage the cable and the port on your Zune.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Spenk009
Squirt

Spenk009 is on a distinguished road

I figured I'd just keep lock switch on if it fits. I am gonna see if at tescos theyll let me open it and try first...

Old 08-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Rainbow Dash
Banned
Zune Lord

Rainbow Dash is an unknown quantity at this point

You shouldn't plus anything into the sync port of the zune unless it's certified by MS to do so.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
Mr. Snuggle Bunny
Experienced Zuner

Mr. Snuggle Bunny is on a distinguished road

They used the Zune AV cable for TV out on the Samsung Galaxy, not the sync cable or dock. The Zune AV cable works with the headphone port, which is what they used on the Galaxy, not the sync port. They are two different connections.

So no, it won't work to charge your zune.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #6
MisterCrazy8
Squirt

MisterCrazy8 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Connector

The connector that uses the 3.5mm is just a normal camcorder cable. Nothing special. You can't charge from it though, as people have previously stated.

Closed Thread