Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Windows Phone 7

Windows Phone 7 Discuss the upcoming release of Windows Phone 7, including software and phones.

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
alpha8768
Experienced Zuner

alpha8768 is on a distinguished road
Default eHow found android ROM working?

Hello guys,

as you probably know, there were many projects to port an android Rom into the wonderful Samsung Focus device.

This morning, I was browsing google to find some news about it and BANG, I found an eHow page from November 15th 2011 telling me how to do it. I remained sort of sceptical about it and I wanted your opinions. As far as I read, it seems to be an HTC rom ported to WP7.

So Ill let you check the web page, right there: http://www.ehow.com/how_12191756_run...ung-focus.html

Does it sound fake to you? Is it safe to try it?

BTW, has anyone successfully ported android with MAGDLR on the Focus?

Thank you very much!

Sorry for my bad english.

Alpha8768 out

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

I don't know about the Focus, but I've heard of someone swapping the OS'es of two HTC phones, one Android and one WP7, successfully. As for safe, probably as safe as anything else to do with loading ROM's, which is moderately, but not entirely safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
alpha8768
Experienced Zuner

alpha8768 is on a distinguished road

Same for me. Another suspicious thing: the article has been written under the vacation & travel planning section....... The guy is definitively missing of credibility.

I posted this topic on three different websites and nobody wants to try it, so I think I'll take a chance myself (I'll do a backup of my phone of course!)

BTW, thank you Locke for keeping our community alive. It must take a lot of your time, and I'm sure I'm not the only grateful person Keep up the good work.

EDIT: after doing some research, I found the article was fake. The guy who wrote it seems to believe the Samsung Focus is a WM CE device, so it could run Haret loader. In fact, researches only began to port it to WP7 since April and the post is from November 2011.

Last edited by alpha8768; 06-24-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Closed Thread