Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Game and Hack Support

Game and Hack Support Come here for help with any of the XNA based Zune Games or for help with any of the Hacks or zTools.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
williamtdr
Squirt

williamtdr is on a distinguished road
Exclamation How do I restore the Windows CE portion of my Zune HD back to factory settings?

Hello, I am a bad boy and installed Liberate 1.5 on my Zune HD. Now I want to update to Liberate 1.6 to fix the Wi-Fi timeout issue. However, when I run the Liberate installer, it doesn't overwrite the previous version of Liberate, thereby nor fixing the problem. I figure to get this to install correctly, I need to format my Zune HD. So, I tried three different methods: Updating in Recovery Mode (holding down media button), selecting "Erase all Content" in the Zune Software settings, and performing a full format (holding down media and home buttons and restoring). Each of these deleted everything off my Zune but didn't reset Windows CE back to factory settings. I know this because the first time I downloaded a CAB file on Liberate it saved to a Temporary Folder. Now, every time I download a .CAB it saves it there. After reinstalling Liberate after reformatting the Zune HD, it still downloaded .CAB files to a temporary folder, letting me know that my Windows CE settings haven't been reset. I would like to have this reset so I can get Liberate 1.6 working and the Wi-Fi timeout fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
zunehdman
Zuner

zunehdman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to zunehdman

When you run the update for librate it updates librate by itself.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtdr View Post
Hello, I am a bad boy and installed Liberate 1.5 on my Zune HD. Now I want to update to Liberate 1.6 to fix the Wi-Fi timeout issue. However, when I run the Liberate installer, it doesn't overwrite the previous version of Liberate, thereby nor fixing the problem. I figure to get this to install correctly, I need to format my Zune HD. So, I tried three different methods: Updating in Recovery Mode (holding down media button), selecting "Erase all Content" in the Zune Software settings, and performing a full format (holding down media and home buttons and restoring). Each of these deleted everything off my Zune but didn't reset Windows CE back to factory settings. I know this because the first time I downloaded a CAB file on Liberate it saved to a Temporary Folder. Now, every time I download a .CAB it saves it there. After reinstalling Liberate after reformatting the Zune HD, it still downloaded .CAB files to a temporary folder, letting me know that my Windows CE settings haven't been reset. I would like to have this reset so I can get Liberate 1.6 working and the Wi-Fi timeout fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By default liberate downloads files to a temp. Folder, you have to change it for each download.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
williamtdr
Squirt

So how do I change the temp folder? Liberate obviously isnt updating.Also, when I try to open a .cab file, I get a "No CAB files to install" error. it would be nice to reset the Windows CE part of the Zune and start over.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtdr View Post
So how do I change the temp folder? Liberate obviously isnt updating.Also, when I try to open a .cab file, I get a "No CAB files to install" error. it would be nice to reset the Windows CE part of the Zune and start over.
I explained in the liberate thread how to install/download to a permanent location. Ill be making a full tut with pictures fairly soon.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #6
williamtdr
Squirt

OK, thanks. Send me a link when its finished.

Closed Thread