Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Game and Hack Support

Game and Hack Support Come here for help with any of the XNA based Zune Games or for help with any of the Hacks or zTools.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
REA
Experienced Zuner

REA has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Changing Artist Info and Images With Liberate and FreeFloat FTP

I don't know if anyone else has tried and posted this, but it seems that using FreeFloat FTP in Liberate and a little bit of XML editing, one can change the bio and other artist info to whatever they wish. The directory for it is /Flash2/Content/Artist/, and each folder's name is the artist's UUID from the Zune Marketplace DB. I was also able to change the background completely by chance (it was in /Flash2/Content/0800/, but when I get back to my computer I'll do more research on that and post what I found.

EDIT #1:
It seems that after connecting the Zune to Zune Software and restarting, the custom data remains, which means it never updates the artist info.

It doesn't seem to mess up anything. Here's a picture I took of what I did with this (the original artist name was "Acid test" and it had a crappy B&W photo of the band):

Last edited by REA; 01-30-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2

This is cool. Thanks for sharing!

Old 01-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
REA
Experienced Zuner

REA has a little shameless behaviour in the past

No problem. Later on I'll write out the exact processes of what I did and maybe write a VB.NET program to easily generate the XML files.

Closed Thread