Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Download OpenZDK Applications

Download OpenZDK Applications OpenZDK Applications

Old 12-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Yamagushi
Zuner

Yamagushi will become famous soon enough
Exclamation [HD]YamaIRC Beta 1 - Internet Relay Chat Client

Name: YamaIRC
Version: Beta 1.0.0.1
Author(s): Yamagushi
License: Open Source
Language: C

YamaIRC is an Internet Relay Chat(IRC) Client for the Zune HD and PSP devices.

It currently supports all the basics of IRC from PM's to Actions(/me) to Joining/Parting Channels. It features Multi-Channel support, Selectable User Lists, Built In OSK, MyChannel Private Messaging Window, New Message Alerts, and more.

This is only a beta release, bugs are to be expected, let me know about em, and ill do my best to fix everything.

My Forum can be found at http://Evolved-Entertainment.com

Credits:
YamaIRC uses an original IRC Engine developed by Yamagushi. It is distributed as closed source software. The Official Forum can be found at http://Evolved-Entertainment.com
You may redistribute these files as long as they are provided for free. This is a public release.
YamaIRC-PSP uses OSlib Mod 1.1.1 created by Brunni and Sakya. OSLib can be found at http://oslib.playeradvance.org and OSlib Mod can be found at http://www.sakya.it/forums/viewforum.php?f=7.
YamIRC-ZuneHD uses OpenZDK created by the members of the Zune Boards Development Front. They can be found at http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/dow...lications-212/.
YamaIRC also uses the UniSpace Font by Ray Larabie. His site can be found at http://www.larabiefonts.com/.

Special Thanks To:
Hardhat
Slicer4eva
A_Nub
Tomaz
Salvy
And the Rest of ##psp-programming on Freenode IRC.
Itsnotabigtruck
Nurta
Netrix
Genuine
And the Rest of #zbdf on Freenode IRC.
And a Special Thanks to my Testers, such as Re4thewin and DrCam.
Have a ZuneHD? Check Out the Zune HD Homebrew Scene at http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/dow...lications-212/.

Downloads:
PSP - http://www.sendspace.com/file/hsvwro
ZuneHD - http://www.sendspace.com/file/589nr0

Installation:
PSP - Simply download the attached files, unzip its contents to your PSP/Game/ folder on your PSP. And Run.
Once in the IRC, press X to pull up the Keyboard, and Start to Pull up your Options Menu.
Zune - Run the included DeployKit with your Zune HD plugged in and the Zune Software off.

Controls:
PSP - Once connected pressing X brings up the keyboard. Pressing Start brings up the menu. Left and Right trigger cycles through channels. D-pad Scrolls the text.
Zune HD - Tap the ABC icon to bring up the keyboard. Tap the Round Y symbol to bring up the menu. Dragging the background scrolls the text horizontal, dragging the slider will scroll the text vertically.

Last edited by Yamagushi; 07-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Yamagushi is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Is it just me or do both links link to the PSP version?

dooglehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Seb
Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies!
So mainstream, I'm a standard
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Seb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Seb Send a message via Skype™ to Seb

Until he or a mod fixes it, just copy the link and paste it to a new tab/window.
Or click here: Download YamaIRC - ZuneHD - Beta 1.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #4
Yamagushi
Zuner

Oops, Fixed.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Samuel

Samuel is on a distinguished road

Hey i didn't have internet connection to send you that list of bugs.... sorry about that. I will download beta today, and give you an updated list.

+rep

Last edited by Samuel; 01-01-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Nelson
Zune Guardian

Nelson is just really niceNelson is just really niceNelson is just really nice

do you need CFW for the PSP version..if so then im glad i just fixed mine up

Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #7
Yamagushi
Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekisis View Post
do you need CFW for the PSP version..if so then im glad i just fixed mine up
Yes you do.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
Nelson
Zune Guardian

Nelson is just really niceNelson is just really niceNelson is just really nice

alright i might try it later

Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

Ugh... new GUI? hmm... I'll have to adjust, but thanks for not abandoning this project

Not liking sendspace:
Quote:
Congratulations!

Every Saturday evening, we randomly select 25 visitors from Milwaukee to be our exclusive offer winners. Based on today's random selection, you are lucky winner #17!
Leave me alone!!
...I don't even live in Milwaukee...

Last edited by Cubby1996; 01-02-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Cubby1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #10
Mach-X
Zewbie

Mach-X is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks very nice, and DOES accept hostnames, doesn't have to be IP. Only one issue, crashes and resets my Zune HD 16 as soon as it connects and joins a channel.

Mach-X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Asskickulater
Squirt

Asskickulater is on a distinguished road

well.. I'm not sure if this project is still active, but if it is, I have 2 major issues...

1) the app should be able to save channels plus a username so you dont need to type that info in all the time

2)[bug] the wifi seems to cut out every 5-10 minutes without giving any warning/notification at all

great app though

Asskickulater is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #12
Anthony
Experienced Zuner

Anthony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Anthony Send a message via Skype™ to Anthony

The only thing it needs is channel auto join and auto login.

Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
williamtdr
Squirt

williamtdr is on a distinguished road

Keep up the good work! Downloaded the app and was able to connect to the #zbdf channel just fine. But when I joined #ubuntu, the app restarted my Zune HD. Tried again, crashed again. Is this a known bug? Please help me as the main purpose of downloading this app was access to that channel. Screw Microsoft for not making a better browser in the first place.

williamtdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2012, 05:54 AM   #14
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtdr View Post
Keep up the good work! Downloaded the app and was able to connect to the #zbdf channel just fine. But when I joined #ubuntu, the app restarted my Zune HD. Tried again, crashed again. Is this a known bug? Please help me as the main purpose of downloading this app was access to that channel. Screw Microsoft for not making a better browser in the first place.
What? You expect a mobile browser to carry IRC functionality built in? The only browser, and only the desktop version, I know of to have IRC as part of the client is Opera.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Locke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
tnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
What? You expect a mobile browser to carry IRC functionality built in? The only browser, and only the desktop version, I know of to have IRC as part of the client is Opera.
Wait, Opera has IRC built in? Where?

Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #16
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnap View Post
Wait, Opera has IRC built in? Where?
Set it up through "Mail and chat accounts" via the Opera menu.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #17
williamtdr
Squirt

williamtdr is on a distinguished road

Yes, I expect a decent mobile browser from Microsoft. Doesn't even have to have IRC support, just enough so I can use the stack exchange chat. The android mobile browser seems to be able to do this just fine. It wouldn't have been that hard for them to put a little more effort into the browser. I'm dissapointed. Also, please answer my question. Why can't I connect to a channel other then #zbdf?

williamtdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #18
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamtdr View Post
Yes, I expect a decent mobile browser from Microsoft. Doesn't even have to have IRC support, just enough so I can use the stack exchange chat. The android mobile browser seems to be able to do this just fine. It wouldn't have been that hard for them to put a little more effort into the browser. I'm dissapointed. Also, please answer my question. Why can't I connect to a channel other then #zbdf?
Keep in mind that you're using a very old browser on a device that was never intended to be an app powerhouse in the first place. That said, I don't use the app myself because I need more power than a mobile app can provide, but is the problem any channel except #zbdf, or just #ubuntu? If it's just #ubuntu, it may be a character in the channel topic is causing the app to stumble. Try joining a chan that doesn't exist, that will have no topic at all and should allow you to test that.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
Prodigy

Prodigy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Prodigy Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy

How do u put .rar files on zhd?

Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #20
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
How do u put .rar files on zhd?
.rar files are like .zip files. Use 7zip or Winrar to extract.

dooglehead is offline   Reply With Quote