Go Back   Zune Boards > News and Website Related > Front Page Articles > Archive

Archive Archived Front Page Articles.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all
Default The Day We All Expected and Knew Was Coming Has Come!

Coughing out it's last breath, the Zune is no longer in production. It's over. Done. This is a moderately sad day, but not the worst we've faced. We haven't had much hope for this little guy for a couple months now, and at least our assumptions have been validated. Was this the right move for Microsoft to make? In ways, yes. I do find it odd that they didn't just cut the cord a long time ago, rather than feed us apps for a bit. Giving us the smallest bit of hope, rather than just dropping the device destined to end. So, take a moment of remembrance while I go look for another PMP to support my needs once my little guy burns out.

So, now with the Zune's demise, what do you think this site's direction may go? Post comments in that one section for comments.

Source: Zune.net

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Charge; 10-03-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
tnap

I say we sell the site, and move the community to an IRC room.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
Rainbow Dash
Banned
Zune Lord

Rainbow Dash is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, if the Zune's officially dead then what is CG going to do with the site? _____boards.com?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

|Didn't see that coming.|

Old 10-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
shibuki1199
Jr. Zuner

shibuki1199 is on a distinguished road

i... think im gonna cry... *not getting an ipod*

Old 10-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
FGR8DASH
Squirt

FGR8DASH is on a distinguished road

Yup, it's on Zune.net so that's about as official as it comes. Hopefully MS will try their hand at another PMP once Windows Phone 7 takes off. I'm thinking something similar to what Apple has with the iPod and iPhone. Save all the great features of WP7 minus the calling aspect. Now there's a PMP worth taking a look at.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

There is still a huge following of Zune owners which will come here for games and support, the site will remain somewhat active until every Zune is dead. I will stay here until I no longer have any Zune devices left, and my 30 is still going strong!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
shadowskater555

shadowskater555 is on a distinguished road

so is this site just going to focus on zune software updates and such for wp7 and xbox news, or is this the end?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #9
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Any Zune ecosystem news. Which included software, Xbox, PC and Windows Phone.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Stinger
Zuner

Stinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Stinger

a tear was shed when i listened to the podcast lastnight...

but I'm not going ipod or anything apple.... when this zune dies i will get another or a WP7... i love the software too much to go to something else

Old 10-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
Seb
Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies!
So mainstream, I'm a standard
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Seb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Seb Send a message via Skype™ to Seb

Just because the hardware is gone doesn't mean we can't focus on the software.

Also:
http://zune.net/en-US/products/zunehd/default.htm
It's still around. The ZuneHD page was down before.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #12
FGR8DASH
Squirt

FGR8DASH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
a tear was shed when i listened to the podcast lastnight...

but I'm not going ipod or anything apple.... when this zune dies i will get another or a WP7... i love the software too much to go to something else
Join us. It's good over here in WP7 land.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

I'm waiting for Searay or Sabre.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #14
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

Can't say I'm surprised. Everyone knew it was coming, Microsoft just took their sweet time officially telling us what we already knew.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Well that is really too bad, the Zune was an amazing device. I still refuse to buy into the apple empire, once my Zune dies I'll buy either a wp7 or something else. Also, I hope they make a new one, and actually market it, then it'll be an even more kickass device because more than one person per town will have one

Old 10-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
B777Forever
Ignorance is my friend :3

B777Forever will become famous soon enough

Bawwwww'

Old 10-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #17
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

And the grass is green, the sky is blue. Looks like WSJ was a few months off. Besides that I can honestly see myself buying an iPod now. I am not listening to as much music as I used to, and I am in need of an all in one device.

"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 10-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
Mario222
Experienced Zuner

Mario222 is on a distinguished road

I just wish that someone at Microsoft would release whatever is needed so users could customize their Zune 's and maybe release the game developer used to make the Zune games (not the XNA framework). I mean, It has already been announced they there will be no more, so whats the harm?
Then I would be happy.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #19
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about

Not everyone knew this was coming. It's surprising how many peoples thought there was still hope.
But I agree that just because Microsoft doesn't make the Zune anymore doesn't mean ZuneBoards will need to die along with it or even change the name.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #20
LeoIrish
Zewbie

LeoIrish is on a distinguished road

Although I am not surprised, I am disappointed. I have owned a 30 & 80 in the past, and I currently own a 120 and 32HD (we also have a 16HD in the house and we will be adding another one for Christmas).

I think this is one of the nicest looking devices I have ever seen. The software - in my opinion - the simpliest to use when comparing to Windows Media Player and iTunes. At this point all I can hope for is for my devices to last as long as possible.

Closed Thread