Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Tech. Help

Tech. Help Come here for help with technology related problems.

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
Nonye13
Zewbie

Nonye13 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Can a 1st gen zune play via USB?

I want to be able to play my first gen zune via USB on an android 4.4 aftermarket DVD navi car stereo, the seller thinks that the zunes decoder will conflict with the navi systems decoder and will not work via USB. All other navi stereos I have tried via USB did not recognize the zune. Is there anyway a first gen zune will work via USB? I really want to be able to see the song info and control it from my steering wheel. Thanks here is the link to the stereo http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/8...259977992.html

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
6Leinad6
Experienced Zuner

6Leinad6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 6Leinad6

Due to the fact that the system is running Android, and is meant to read from anything BUT Zunes, I don't think you'll ever really be able to just plug a Zune in and make it work. However, because Android can read plain old flashdrives, you MIGHT be able to set a "Reserved Space" on your Zune and put music on there, but that's not what you're looking for at all is it...

Old 01-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
Nonye13
Zewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Leinad6 View Post
However, because Android can read plain old flashdrives, you MIGHT be able to set a "Reserved Space" on your Zune and put music on there, but that's not what you're looking for at all is it...
Would this reserved space be available to play via USB? I really want to be able to control it from the cars stereo

Old 01-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
6Leinad6
Experienced Zuner

6Leinad6 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 6Leinad6

My guess is it can, as the reserved space literally acts as a removable storage (a USB drive). But is that what you really want? Once you put songs on the reserved space you can't access them with your Zune, only through another computer, and then what's the point of having the Zune? You might as well get a flashdrive and move all your songs onto that. But if you really want that, I'd recommend putting one or two songs on the reserved space first before you reserve your entire Zune's memory and move all your songs over. That way you can test it.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:10 AM   #5
Nonye13
Zewbie

Will do thanks!

Closed Thread