Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold
Default Lumia 900 screen is tough as nails

Even with the tough modern glass technology of today, glass still isn't an invincible material. The harder you make glass to make it resistant to scratches, the more susceptible it is to shattering from high impacts. This becomes an even greater risk the more surface area of glass there is on the phone, such as how the iPhone 4 and 4S were prone to shatter from drops at relatively normal heights if they fell on something hard like concrete without a case to absorb some of the force. Usually the toughest screens come packaged in a ruggedized phone such as this one, which though able to withstand far more abuse in daily use that your average phone, won't be winning any beauty awards (unless you're into that look, which I am a little fond of from owning G-Shock watches). What about the critically acclaimed Lumia 900?

As expected, the Lumia 900 takes the same high-impact testing as much more purpose-built phones without so much as a scratch, dent, or crack. Despite the 4.3 inch screen providing lots of area which would ordinarily be harder to support, the Gorilla Glass screen shows no indication of damage. The Lumia 900 is engineered to keep its look for a long, long time, from the glass to the polycarbonate body which absorbs shock and maintains its appearance better through normal scratches; metal bodies and plastic only painted on the surface rather than with color all the way through tend to quickly lose that new device look, but marks on the Lumia 900's body are much less eye-catching (no matter how eye-catching the devices is). Now, I wouldn't suggest repeating these tests yourself in case you happen to the unlucky one who does manage to drive a nail into the surface (it's good glass, not magically perfect), but it's heartening to know that dropping your phone in the street won't result in a horribly disfigured device.

[Conversations by Nokia]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
B777Forever
Ignorance is my friend :3

B777Forever will become famous soon enough

Nokia always makes good quality hardware.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

"Crap, I forgot the hammer." Don't worry, I have a Nokia.
---
This makes me want one even more...

Closed Thread