Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Game and Hack Support

Game and Hack Support Come here for help with any of the XNA based Zune Games or for help with any of the Hacks or zTools.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
Spectre Xjoura
Zewbie

Spectre Xjoura is on a distinguished road
Default Zune 3.0 Installation problem - I'm about to rage

I tried installing zune 3.0.

It says I need to update. I can't update because of no internet on that computer. So I install the windows update service pack 3, and no luck.

It says I need to "update windows update"

Can anyone tell me of a solution? Preferably a way to bypass all that annoying stuff.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-08-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Solution: Do what it says. If Windows Update needs an update, it needs an update. I had to update mine just last week. Then install SP3, it's pretty important if you want your computer to run well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
Spectre Xjoura
Zewbie

I stated that I did install SP3, it still does not work.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre Xjoura View Post
So I install the windows update service pack 3, and no luck.

It says I need to "update windows update"

Not what it looked like, but regardless, have you installed everything you possibly could? In other words, after every update and possibly restart, did you keep checking until there was nothing left?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
itsnotabigtruck
R E D R U M
Development Front
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

itsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant futureitsnotabigtruck has a brilliant future

You need to install the ZunePackage, which avoids any problems with Windows Update.

Once you get Zune up and running, follow Locke's advice and keep updating your computer until Windows Update doesn't have any more updates to install. This is important for many reasons unrelated to the Zune.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Spectre Xjoura
Zewbie

Thanks.

Closed Thread