Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Development Discussions

Development Discussions All developers who are coding games may stop by here for any help, suggestions, and everything development related.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future
Default The legacy of OpenZDK

I recently took some time to get the zunedev wiki running again. It was a basic maintenance issue that only took time because it's not a well maintained project at this point. Which got me to thinking, what should the legacy of OpenZDK be? Does anyone even care anymore? The zune hacking scene has always been a modest showing of mostly young fans who want to expand what they can do with their device. OpenZDK was the "ultimate" accomplishment of that and as such, it is modest as was the device. What would you like to see done to best bring up to date the zunedevwiki and the OpenZDK toolkit to their new post-modern state? Is there some interest for getting what we created oyf OpenZDK 2 released?

I intend to keep the server up indefinitely, the cost is minor, it just requires me to keep an eye on it, but is there anything anyone would like to see done?

Nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super ZunerĀ²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix

I do still have all of the source code for everything that I have done with OpenZDK, so if there is enough interest, I could find time to package everything up for some sort of ultimate OpenZDK homebrew source bundle or something similar. There are some tricks employed to achieve some of the results in the homebrew that people who care might find interesting.

Netrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
Justananomaly
The Digital Phantom
Retired Admin
Zune Lord

Justananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offerJustananomaly is the best the web has to offer

If I still had my Zune I would be all over it. :\

Justananomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
Nanaki
Holy Zuner
Development Front
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Nanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant futureNanaki has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justananomaly View Post
If I still had my Zune I would be all over it. :\
get on it!

Nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Apocalyptic
Experienced Zuner

Apocalyptic is on a distinguished road

Nobody wants to help me at all. I want to get into it I want my first project to be the Atari but everyone refuses to help.

Apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
Linda B <3
Zuner

Linda B <3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Linda B <3
Smile My thoughts

First of all, I'm really sorry for bumping the thread.
But the importance of this message is way more important than bumping; I just wanna say that I think OpenZDK is awesome and I've just started learning C++ bit by bit to make my app able to use the amazing capabilities that OpenZDK provides.

I'm used to coding in C# and I'm looking at posibilities of making a wrapper around the OpenZDK exploit so that I can use it in XNA. I'd love to get a reply from a member of the ZuneBoards Development Front or any other representative that is able to tell me if it's possible and ideas of how to.

I've looked at OpenZDK and I have made a YouTube downloader already in C#. And the Zune provides the capability to play vids using ZDKMedia_PlayVideoFromFile or something. My app, Android, provides everyting needed for this downloader; it's got a GUI, touch screen input isn't a problem, the only problem is that I need network access and the ability to play videos.... exactly what OpenZDK provides.

Keep it up!

PS: Owh and Tupac I wanna help you as much I can, we can share knowledge

Last edited by Linda B <3; 10-25-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: I wanna say something to Tupac as I forgot to :0

Linda B <3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
dude113
Squirt

dude113 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Nanaki;619163] Does anyone even care anymore?

YESSS!!! Everything you guys (and girls) have made has been awesome please don't let it stop. I joined Zb 2 days ago knowing that I have very little skill in programming but I would do everything I could to keep this alive!! So many cool things are still possible!! Please don't stop

dude113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
Linda B <3
Zuner

Linda B <3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Linda B <3
Smile

I love OpenZDK. I'd love to see a XNA development kit which cooporates with OpenZDK. In other words, being able to use OpenZDK features in XNA. I'm willing to donate money if the site admin can tell me that OpenZDK site still exists and that he still loooooves Zune! : D

Linda B <3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-2015, 03:55 AM   #9
lm8
Zewbie

lm8 is on a distinguished road

I've been using more and more SDL based applications on my Windows and Linux systems. I've also been porting/updating some of the SDL applications I run that aren't actively supported so they will build with SDL2 or SDL. I'd like to try porting some of those applications to Zune if possible. Has anyone tried using SDL2 with the Zune? What's the best place to discuss application porting/development for the Zune? I've seen some of the projects for various handheld devices and how much Open Source software they could run. I think a lot of it would port to the Zune too. I'd certainly be interested in giving it a try. Anyone want to compare notes on porting/creating applications for the Zune?

lm8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #10
JSMastah
Experienced Zuner

JSMastah is on a distinguished road

*STAFF, PLEASE DELETE THIS COMMENT. Thanks*

Last edited by JSMastah; 03-31-2018 at 08:04 AM.

JSMastah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2018, 08:01 AM   #11
JSMastah
Experienced Zuner

JSMastah is on a distinguished road

I would love to see all of Netrix's source codes to be honest. I also want to be able to read the zunedevwiki. However, I can't seem to be able to do that since it appears to have a "bad gateway" error message. Those would be my requests.

JSMastah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2018, 07:45 PM   #12
Apocalyptic
Experienced Zuner

Apocalyptic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMastah View Post
I would love to see all of Netrix's source codes to be honest. I also want to be able to read the zunedevwiki. However, I can't seem to be able to do that since it appears to have a "bad gateway" error message. Those would be my requests.
I think everyone here would lol Netrix was a God here, I absolutely loved Doom on the Zune HD

Apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote