Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Tech. Help

Tech. Help Come here for help with technology related problems.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Agent 47

Agent 47 is on a distinguished road
Default Severe Java Issues

any time I open a Java window my computer starts lagging horribly within 10 minutes, by 12 minutes it is literally out of control, the entire computer locks down, and then about 10 minutes after the Java program is shutdown again, it will suddenly clear up, I first noticed this with Runescape about 8 months ago, now it's in Minecraft, and i can't play for more than 10 minutes at a time. any suggestions to fix this.
as far as I can rember it started when i installed IE8, I updated Java soon after too no avail.
Please note, this is my dad's computer and changing brower is not an option

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

Uninstall and reinstall?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
eighthNote
Jr. Zuner

eighthNote is on a distinguished road

A second browser on a usb stick?

Old 03-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #4
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighthNote View Post
A second browser on a usb stick?
Java has nothing to do with browsers, and this would only be relevant if it was an online Java app that was causing the slowdown; his issue is stand-alone apps. I've had a similar problem recently where Java windows can start sucking 100% CPU time, but it's not consistent like you issue and outside of of re-installation I can't think of anything you can do. You can try looking it up to see if it's a known bug for your version, and if it is, upgrade or downgrade if necessary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
Agent 47

Agent 47 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Java has nothing to do with browsers, and this would only be relevant if it was an online Java app that was causing the slowdown; his issue is stand-alone apps. I've had a similar problem recently where Java windows can start sucking 100% CPU time, but it's not consistent like you issue and outside of of re-installation I can't think of anything you can do. You can try looking it up to see if it's a known bug for your version, and if it is, upgrade or downgrade if necessary.
as i understand, these games are Java online apps, both are played inside the browser

Old 03-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
as i understand, these games are Java online apps, both are played inside the browser
You said open a Java window, that's not an online app. In any event, that doesn't change the fact that you should do what I said and see if that fixes it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
eighthNote
Jr. Zuner

eighthNote is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
Please note, this is my dad's computer and changing browser is not an option
I assumed this meant ie was being used for the games... or rather java windows, within ie windows.

In any case, my solution is pretty quick and easy to test
Of course, if it's not ie's fault, it's almost definitely java's.

Closed Thread