Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune Accessories and Review

Zune Accessories and Review Learn about all the hot Zune accessories and leave your reviews!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
NiteRyder1976
Zewbie

NiteRyder1976 is on a distinguished road
Default Differences between Zune Earbuds

After recently having my zune hd oem earphones chewed on I placed on order on Amazon for replacements from Direct Distributor. I recieved today the ones that are oblong shaped and have a chrome strip down the back. I promptly send an email asking why I was sent these instead of the oem ones that were pictured and was told they are the same. I have the premium earbuds and even a set of monster turbines but for some reason the clarity and fit are perfect from the original zune small, round and brushed metal back earphones. Where can I find model numbers explaning to these people that these are in fact different earphones?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

it would help if you could give a picture of the earbuds you received, as well as the listing you bought them from. i think the problem may be that you wanted the zune premium V2 headphones, but bought the premium V1 headphones instead.

zune premium headphones v2:

zune premium headphones v1:

and just to cover everything, the standard zune headphones:

Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
NiteRyder1976
Zewbie

NiteRyder1976 is on a distinguished road

The V.2 look nice, I haven't tried those before. The V.1's I have in a drawer.
Amazon Amazon
This is the listing for the zune earbuds I wanted.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/iphon...ty-headphones/

This seems to be the only picture of the earphones I recieved. The last picture on the right. I tried to copy one from the camera on my tablet but exceeded upload space. If you know of a place to purchase the standard earphones let me know.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRyder1976 View Post
http://www.engadget.com/photos/iphon...ty-headphones/

This seems to be the only picture of the earphones I recieved. The last picture on the right. I tried to copy one from the camera on my tablet but exceeded upload space. If you know of a place to purchase the standard earphones let me know.
Those are from the original Zune. They were never sold separately, as far as I'm aware. The Premium headphones were very good for the price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

The premium v2's were very good, but the only ones you can buy now are so expensive you'd be better off buying different ones off the shelf

Old 09-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

i still have my zune premium v2's from my zune 80 and they still work great

Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
Pink Led Rush
Zuner

Pink Led Rush is on a distinguished road

I still like the original ones, I have a couple pair left. I've only went through one pair and had them with my first Zune in 06 or so and they lasted several years. Great headphones, I've kind of went on to trying others out now and my favs so far have been the Philips Surround Sound headphones, but it seems they've been discontinued and I can't seem to find out what the replacement line is for them. I've never tried the Zune premium phones, they look nice, but are way expensive now on Amazon.

Closed Thread