Go Back   Zune Boards > General Discussions > The Archives > H&M General Talk > Zune Hacks & Mods > In Progress

In Progress Want to know what hacks & mods we are working on?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
sableholic
Zuner

sableholic is on a distinguished road
Default Zune Software Customizer 3.1.1

It's been a while, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait as this release has quite a few new features and bugfixes. As you can see by this release I am certainly open for new ideas, so if you have any feature requests feel free to submit a comment. As some of you saw, I reorganized the blog so there is a dedicated projects area which I'd recommend people look at although I do post the direct link to the file in my blog if you don't want to be bothered/know what you are doing.

Zune Software Customizer Version 3.1.1 | MJefferson.net

Changes:
  • Added a Now Playing specific section to the Display-> Settings menu with the following features:
    • Options to set the Now Playing Background Image to something other than the default Grid View.
    • Added a option to make the Now Playing Progress Bar slider scale to the window size.
    • Added a option to disable the artist imagery in the Now Playing View/Land. This will allow those with a custom background to have it always showing.
    • Moved the Custom Now Playing Font Size under this section.
  • Added Four Album Art Sliders for the following areas:
    • Now Playing View/Land
    • Now Playing Progress Bar
    • Albums View
    • Artists View
  • Increased the size of the custom color sliders
  • Changed the wording on the theme buttons so that all four buttons fit in the smallest window size possible.
  • Modified the installer so that it provides a little more guidance on what is happening and what to do if something goes wrong/isn't working. Also now the installer will automatically close the Zune Software if it is open.
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed list item colors in numerous spots (Purchases/Download History, Top X Lists, etc.).
  • Fixed all color problems that I was made aware of (MarketplacePageTitle, ListItemSelectedBackground, ListItemBackground) along with a few others (ColumnDivider, ScrollBarThumb, ScrollBarBackground, ScrollPath, TransportButton, TransportButtonHoverColor, and many others).
  • Fixed it so the text under the custom color sliders updates correctly.
  • Fixed the explicit warning message so that it displays correctly for dark themes.

As always any feature requests, comments, etc are welcome. Didn't know if I should create a new thread, so if I shouldn't have please merge this with the old one.

I also put some images up for the latest additions on my blog, didn't want to post them in this thread cause they are rather large.

Last edited by sableholic; 02-23-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Its fine here. Nice going with the follow-up. For future reference, do you need to uninstall the old customizer first?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
sableholic
Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge View Post
Its fine here. Nice going with the follow-up. For future reference, do you need to uninstall the old customizer first?
No you don't although I probably should have the installer uninstall the old version first. The only problem I could see is if someone installs overtop of a old install the way it currently works when you uninstall I believe it will only uninstall the current one and leave you back with the old one (if that makes sense). Maybe a example would work better.

Person installs 3.1.1 over 3.1.0 version without uninstalling
Person uninstalls 3.1.1, instead of going back to the original I believe it would go back to 3.1.0.

I'll have to take a look into that.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Mine doesnt work. Access is denied apparently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
sableholic
Zuner

Quote:
Mine doesnt work. Access is denied apparently.
Please see #2 on the installation instructions:
Projects | MJefferson.net

Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

I did that the first time, but un-installed and did it again and its fine now. Tinkering with the new options =] Thank you

Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
Bolt
zB President
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Bolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to beholdBolt is a splendid one to behold

I loved the last one, and this one looks even cooler. Too bad I'll need admin access again...

Old 02-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Red Sky
lost in paradise with rae
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Red Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Red Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Red Sky

This is basically a software that does what my post does... but nicer. I would actually like to know how you interface with the .dll file.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:26 AM   #9
sableholic
Zuner

Quote:
I did that the first time, but un-installed and did it again and its fine now. Tinkering with the new options =] Thank you
Glad you got it working

Old 02-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
Caliberon
Zewbie

Caliberon is on a distinguished road

Thanx

Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
kenned1
Zuner

kenned1 is on a distinguished road

ok i installed it but nothing i get nothing extra
does this work with latest software
nvm i installed it to the wrong folder i have my zune software on my second hdd

Last edited by kenned1; 02-27-2009 at 07:10 AM.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #12
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

It was posted 4 days ago. Course it works. Go to settings then display. See any changes?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #13
kenned1
Zuner

figured it out

have software on spare hdd not on main

edit still nothing

Edit edit: got it to work it was installing it to its own folder instead of the on where i have my zune software installed i just coped and pasted and it worked

Last edited by kenned1; 02-27-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #14
sableholic
Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenned1 View Post
figured it out

have software on spare hdd not on main

edit still nothing

Edit edit: got it to work it was installing it to its own folder instead of the on where i have my zune software installed i just coped and pasted and it worked
When you run the installer it asks you for the Zune Software's Directory path so all you should have had to do was point it to the right folder if it was different then the default. It defaults to C:\Program Files\Zune. I'm glad you got it working.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #15
Red Sky
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Red Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to allRed Sky is a name known to all

hey sable, this is slightly off topic, but I noticed that the text for the album (while the album is selected, on the far right) seems to change with your software. This is also the font that determines the color of options (such as display themes) in the settings area. Could you tell me what color modifies this?

I would appreciate it, thanks

Old 02-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #16
kenned1
Zuner

i had pointed it to the folder but when it installed it put it inside the folder in a folder labeled zune so it looked like this D:\zune program\Zune

Old 03-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #17
carfreak8184
Squirt

carfreak8184 is on a distinguished road

My Zune Player locks up when I try to minimize it.. This a bug?

Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #18
sableholic
Zuner

mine never locks up when minimizing, so not sure whats going on with yours.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #19
carfreak8184
Squirt

carfreak8184 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sableholic View Post
mine never locks up when minimizing, so not sure whats going on with yours.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Old 03-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #20
Red Sky
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

You should try uninstalling the Zune Software Customizer, see if the problem persists, and take action from there.
If the issue still occurs, uninstall and reinstall the software

If it does not occur, try reinstalling the customizer. Maybe your settings messed something up.