Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future
Default Windows Family ads launch, disappointment ensues

I've been hearing about these for a while and was really hoping they could bring together the ecosystem that Microsoft has created with its products. A well thought out ad, which includes all their products maybe, or an amazing animation much like old Windows Phone 7 ads. These new ads? Well, let's just say they're a bit... different.

They're meant to be fun, intriguing, and happy, and they are I suppose. But it doesn't show Microsoft in a good light. They seem to be the "fun and easy" underdog now, taking a different stride to Apple's clean and clinical approach. I just wish they went back to ads where they show you what you need, not what you can do. I've already got a dog, thanks, and a dancing dad? Don't want one of those.

The ethos around these ads are family, the family that you have and the Microsoft family(WP7, Xbox, Win7). But in the first video, do you see an Xbox and its capabilities? What about WP7? Just one screen? Doesn't really sell anything to me. And I just find the dog ad very annoying.

I went onto the Windows Family site and all it seems to be is a frontpage to other Microsoft sites, something that baffles me slightly. I really hope these ads get better with time, or just roll with this one I found on the main Windows website.

What do you think? Or am I missing something here?

[wmpoweruser.com]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Charge; 10-17-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
bobbyeggo

bobbyeggo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bobbyeggo Send a message via MSN to bobbyeggo Send a message via Skype™ to bobbyeggo

They're too corny for me, and they don't really tell you what they're selling.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

Wow, with Windows 7 I can take a picture of someone doing crazy things and post it but I don't know how

Old 10-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Anthony
Experienced Zuner

Anthony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Anthony Send a message via Skype™ to Anthony

Microsoft needs to fire their whole advertising and promotion board. I guess the last one was okay, but the other's just don't sell the products. Why don't they air this? It's like they purposely sabotage themselves.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold

The Next Generation of Advertising™ by Microsoft

Old 10-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

enterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to all

I feel like the last one did a pretty good job portraying how linked all of Microsoft's devices are, which is a big thing I think they're working towards. They tied the computer, the phone (and the Zune in the phone), and the Xbox all together.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
Rainbow Dash
Banned
Zune Lord

Rainbow Dash is an unknown quantity at this point

The last one was pretty good.

I'm actually surprised they didn't use Whistler considering that place has had a big enough influence to be the codename for windows a few times.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

The last one you can't find online (playable) it's a downloadable video from their website. I uploaded it to my Youtube.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #9
Legend
Zune Freak

Legend is a jewel in the roughLegend is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Legend Send a message via Skype™ to Legend

These are worse than the Zune HD ads, and there are no ZHD ads.

"I don’t know whether I’m alive and dreaming or dead and remembering. How can you tell what’s a dream and what’s real if you can’t even tell when you’re awake or when you’re asleep?" - Johnny Got His Gun

Old 10-18-2011, 03:03 AM   #10
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

I actually laughed at the dog one, but other than that I'm very disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I feel like the last one did a pretty good job portraying how linked all of Microsoft's devices are, which is a big thing I think they're working towards. They tied the computer, the phone (and the Zune in the phone), and the Xbox all together.
They've done videos with that being the big picture before:

Last edited by Cubby1996; 10-18-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

They're really not that bad.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
Charge
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
They're really not that bad.
Because I have seen it on TV now, they're not that bad, i do agree.

It's still cringeworthy though.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #13
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

They're just aiming for a market that isn't you. To the people the ads are intended for, it will have the desired effect.

Closed Thread