Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Super Moderator
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future
Default Frustrated with BB? Microsoft gives away 25 WP7 phones

In the wake of the thoroughly annoying BlackBerry outage BenthePCGuy, a Windows Team Member decided to giveaway 25 free Windows Phones. All you had to do was send Ben a reason why you deserve a Windows Phone 7 device and hope he would then pick you. Out of over 1500 entries, 25 were picked for a free device! Here are some of the entries:

Quote:
Jon404: @BenThePCGuy I’m sick of drinking the Apple Kool-aid! I need some Mango to take the taste away

mattymorgs: @BenThePCGuy with #iOS still stuck on its bubbly look from 5 years ago,#windowsphone is the true ‘Think Different’ of UI style today.

jdnorthwest: @BenThePCGuy As a frustrated #DearBlackberry user I was shopping the Bellevue@MicrosoftStore yesterday for a #windowsphone

sweeneyben: @BenThePCGuy #DearBlackberry my Storm2 was great if I went back in time, but is so outdated, with poor service. I want to go back to Windows

joegaus: @BenThePCGuy i want a #windowsphone because only Beyoncé Knowles’ beauty can compare to those DAMN SEXY LIVETILES

jubbing: @BenThePCGuy #dearblackberry I want to use a phone where I can check my emails any time of the.. week. Sincerely, annoyed guy
Now of course this happened because of the BlackBerry problems, but now he states he will do a giveaway every month, just to keep all of us happy.

Quote:
So here’s what I’ll be doing from now on; send your story about why you want (or need) a Windows Phone to my Ben the PC Guy email address. Every month, I’ll select a story that I think is unique and compelling and I’ll get that person a Windows Phone. A few weeks later, I’ll catch up with the winner and post a blog on how their new Windows Phone has changed their life.
Again, following on from my last article, I really hope WP7 jumps at the chance while their biggest rivals have been taken a peg down due to bad service or lowered expectations. With this giveaway plus Nokia World right around the corner, it should really pave a new direction for Windows Phone 7. What is already a fantastic OS just needs that little push to get it into the spotlight, the power to win over dedicated users, and the workmanship to keep users interested. Mango will make sure all this happens, with over 500 new features in the update alone. I'm really hoping to see maybe 10 new devices from manufactures before the holiday season and hopefully these are more substantial and "prettier" than other devices on the market today.

I want a WP7. Now.

[wmpoweruser.com]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Charge; 10-15-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
Arfey McFeeshy
Experienced Zuner

Arfey McFeeshy is on a distinguished road

This is neat. If we would've been told earlier it would've been even neater.

I don't think I want to create a twitter for this though.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about

I think I'll try this out

Closed Thread