07-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Zune Reader App Solved
I've Been Playing With This E-Reader App And I Believe I've Found A Viable Option To Upload And Download ebooks To Your Zune HD
To Add The Number Of Books I Have On My Zune HD Are 7 And The Books Are The Divine Comedy , Frankenstein , The Odyssey And The Illiad , Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea , Moby Dick , Grimm's Fairy Tales , And Dracula I Recommended Using This Site To Download The Books . You Must Download Them In Epub Format Any other I Have No Idea But Epub Works Perfect For Me. Any Help , Questions Or Comments , Feel Free And Good Luck .
- Sign up for Dropbox (either the website or the software download work. I've also tried Live SkyDrive, but it just doesn't seem to work very well; constant import failed errors)
- Find your epub ebook and upload to the Public folder of Dropbox. (the epub files must be in the public folder as it has full anonymous access from the Internet)
- Click on the epub file once uploaded and choose Copy Public Link. And When The Pop-Up Appears Click Shorten Link
- Open the E-Reader app and Choose Add a Book.
- Type in the EXACT url, including applicable case (the url IS case sensitive)
- The download process takes some time depending on how large the epub file is. (I had a 1MB epub file take approximately 7-10 minutes)
- If the download is successful you can move on to the next epub file.
- If the download is NOT successful you need to Instead Rename The Book Or Add Brackets And Such So It Can Give You A Different Email Link ( I Don't Know Why This Works ) And If That Does Not Work Move On To The Next Book
- I've been using Sigil to view the epub file for compatibility and errors, however I've been manually modifying cover pictures, metadata, table of contents, etc. (HINT: if you rename the epub file extension to .zip you can browse the subfiles as a "container" and once your modifications are complete just rename the extension back to .epub
- Attempt the download to the E-Reader app again and hopefully it works, if not, try reviewing the epub file again for any errors.
Edit: There's Another Solution To Downloading eBooks I've Found out Today, Though There Will Be No Book Cover And That Will Be Replaced With The Zune Reader Logo, There Will Be No Author Unless the Person Who Made The Pdf Was Kind Enough To Put That Into The Pdf
1. Download Ebook In Pdf Format, To Do So Use Google And Type Your Book Name And Put Pdf At The End. Ex: " The Art Of War Pdf "
2. Use This Site I Trust 100% To Upload And Convert Your Pdf Files Into eBooks And Then Use Steps 2-10 Up Above.
Last edited by Tupac; 08-10-2012 at 01:01 AM.