Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
view_askew
Zewbie

view_askew is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Won't save my plays??

The software doesn't save my plays. When I close out I lose all of them. How can I fix this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
majorburt
Jr. Zuner

majorburt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by view_askew View Post
The software doesn't save my plays. When I close out I lose all of them. How can I fix this?
could you be a little more specific please?

Old 05-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
cowbunghole23
Zewbie

cowbunghole23 is on a distinguished road

idk

Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

Quote:
Save them locally or globally?
If it is failing to save locally, you are guest linked. If globally, you need to login, or re-login.

Last edited by NSILMike; 05-06-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #5
view_askew
Zewbie

thanks for the replies I'll try and clarify. I am logged in when im using the software and to the best of my knowledge my account is linked but lets say when I play 10 songs it doesnt show them as plays it just says 0 plays and I have no data in my social. If you can tell me what to do to check if everything is linked properly that would be great.

also mike, it's not saving locally or globally.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

Quote:
thanks for the replies I'll try and clarify. I am logged in when im using the software and to the best of my knowledge my account is linked but lets say when I play 10 songs it doesnt show them as plays it just says 0 plays and I have no data in my social. If you can tell me what to do to check if everything is linked properly that would be great.

also mike, it's not saving locally or globally.
log out, then log back in. Then connect your zune, click settings->device->linking. Relink it and let us know what happens after that.
Also, find the file zunestore.sdf on your PC, and check that it is not write-protected.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
view_askew
Zewbie

that seems to have worked. However under social is says i have 5 plays but " i haven't played a song this month" under the recent tab and all of the other tabs are blank

Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

Quote:
that seems to have worked. However under social is says i have 5 plays but " i haven't played a song this month" under the recent tab and all of the other tabs are blank
social plays last forever. they are essentially useless so I wouldn't worry about them either way. local playcounts are very important if you use autoplaylists that are based on playcount (like a playlist of your top 100 for instance.) Those I would very seriously want to be kept accurately.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #9
view_askew
Zewbie

well that's kind of the reason I am doing this. I had the software on another computer and I liked getting badges and seeing my favorites. Also I have a lot of friends from my xbox account and I like to look at other peoples music and show what I listen too as well.

Closed Thread