Old 04-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold
Default Problems with the Lumia 900 now patched

If there's ever been a place where it's clear nothing is perfect, it's the tech world. You can try your hardest to stamp out software bugs, but nothing prepares you for a full-on roll out of a product to worldwide distribution. As the pool of users grows, so do the conditions for issues, and that one bug that you only saw in one device out of hundreds or thousands is compounded when dealing with numbers around the millions. The Lumia 900 is no exception, of course, but there's good news as well.

On April 11 Nokia acknowledged an issue with the Lumia 900, stating it was "a memory management issue was discovered that could, in some cases, lead to loss of data connectivity. This issue is purely in the phone software, and is not related to either phone hardware or the network itself. As a proactive and prudent measure, we decided to take immediate action." An update was promised for April 16, and you could return the phone for a new one with the update already applied if that was too long a wait for whatever reason. As a measure of further goodwill, anyone who buys a Lumia 900 before April 21 will receive a $100 credit in their phone bill with AT&T (Rogers customers are eligible as well, if you're in Canada). Considering that the phone costs that much on contract (or even free if you're new to AT&T), that covers the cost of the phone, which is a very nice deal. The fix is now live, three days ahead of schedule, and can be downloaded over Zune on Windows or Windows Phone 7 Connector on Macs. Nokia also uploaded videos of the process with each piece of software to their YouTube channel, so if you've yet to learn the process, here you go:

[Conversations by Nokia]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
TwistedJC
Zewbie

TwistedJC is on a distinguished road

Hell yes, free phone!
The update was a pain though. Kept getting an error code on my XP computer and my Vista laptop would shut down partway through the process. I was finally able to update the phone on my office computer with Wondows 7. Seems like anyone with an older OS may have issues with the update. Anyone else have issues with the update?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Just as a note, people should be getting their credits by now.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
TwistedJC
Zewbie

TwistedJC is on a distinguished road

Checked with a rep since I did not see a credit on my most current bill. I was told that it will take a couple of billing cycles for the credit to appear, but a credit will be issued.

Closed Thread