Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Help > General Zune Software

General Zune Software Ask for help regarding the Zune software. Zune Marketplace and Zune Pass issues also go here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
TheSlyShyster
Zewbie

TheSlyShyster is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble with importing music into my collection.

So I'm trying to make ringtones for my lumia 900, I used audacity to trim the file to under 40 seconds, turned it into an mp3 and exported it into my zune music folder. Now it should just show up in my collection correct? However it wont show up at all, I've tried doing it a few times and I have no clue what I'm not doing to get it into my collection. I can even open the file and have it play in zune, so I'm thinking there's nothing wrong with the file. Any ideas on why it is not showing up in my collection.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Try opening up the Zune software, and dragging the file directly into it.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
NSILMike
Support Team
Super Zuner

NSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really niceNSILMike is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyShyster View Post
So I'm trying to make ringtones for my lumia 900, I used audacity to trim the file to under 40 seconds, turned it into an mp3 and exported it into my zune music folder. Now it should just show up in my collection correct? However it wont show up at all, I've tried doing it a few times and I have no clue what I'm not doing to get it into my collection. I can even open the file and have it play in zune, so I'm thinking there's nothing wrong with the file. Any ideas on why it is not showing up in my collection.
Yes... if it plays ok but doesn't show up, it is either not in a monitored folder, or it's tagged incompatibly, or not at all, or wrong. you need a song title, and an artist as a minimum. you may also want to search around in the zune software itself...it may think it's a podcast for instance, or it may have guessed wrong (trying to use the file name) if the tags are missing or really bad.

Closed Thread