Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Talk > Zune HD

Zune HD Talk anything related to the Zune HD

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
WaT up KiD
Zewbie

WaT up KiD is on a distinguished road
Post Ideas for Zune HD upgrade

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum so if I'm not allowed to post here kindly let me know. Anyways lately I've been thinking about upgrading the Zune HD. As we all know the Zune hd has an Nvidia tegra chip-set and 128MB of RAM. Though not knowledgeable about how the Zune hd itself works, I'm decent at soldering and un-soldering. so my question is, is it possible to un-solder the current chip-set and slap on a nvidia tegra 3 chip-set? or maybe upgrading the RAM to 1gb? thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
dooglehead
><(((ยบ>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Even if the processor or ram had the same pinouts (which is unlikely), it would not be realistically possible to solder on a new chip because they are in surface mount packages that are meant to be soldered by robots.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
WaT up KiD
Zewbie

WaT up KiD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooglehead View Post
it would not be realistically possible to solder on a new chip because they are in surface mount packages that are meant to be soldered by robots.
Thanks for the reply. I see, I've done a couple of battery replacements which required soldering yet i didn't take into account the surface mount packages if i were to try this upgrade. :T

Closed Thread