Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Windows Phone 7

Windows Phone 7 Discuss the upcoming release of Windows Phone 7, including software and phones.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Tartarus
Experienced Zuner

Tartarus has disabled reputation
Default Nokia Lumia 900 & HTC Titan Release Date Confirmed

Well, the HTC Titan and the Nokia Lumia 900 are set to be release on AT&T on april 8th, the Titan is set to sell for $200 on contract, and the Lumia is set at the expected $99.

Which would you get?

sources
Engadget: Lumia 900

Engadget: HTC Titan II

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
For the Titan II, I don't see the draw in massive displays, and a 16 MP camera is only as good as the hardware that draws in the light. It's not a bad camera, from what I've seen, but things like the wide-angle lens even on the FFC for the Lumia would edge me to it. ClearBlack is also pretty much great on WP7, considering its heavy use of black. You get truer color reproduction. You can read some more of my thoughts on it here. Also, the Lumia 900 uses a standard subpixel arrangement rather than PenTile, which is another plus for me. I believe it's also going for only $99 on contract, whereas the Titan II will be the more typical $200. You also get all of Nokia's free exclusive apps. I'd go Lumia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

The Lumia's processor isn't that far away from the Titan's and the screen is nicer so... Lumia. Plus, I am a sucker for cheap.
I just wish that these came out for Verizon.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymasta View Post
The Lumia's processor isn't that far away from the Titan's and the screen is nicer so... Lumia. Plus, I am a sucker for cheap.
I just wish that these came out for Verizon.
Verizon and Sprint kinda have their heads buried in sand, unfortunately. Some people are saying the LTE might tempt Verizon into it, but they probably won't get behind the platform until it's already a sure thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

Sigh... I can always dream can't I?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Kojin
Squirt

Kojin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kojin

If I had a data plan I would get the Lumina. I love me some Lumina action. I am stuck with a dumbphone though ;_;

Old 03-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojin View Post
If I had a data plan I would get the Lumina. I love me some Lumina action. I am stuck with a dumbphone though ;_;
...Lumia. It's spelled Lumia. No 'n'.

Closed Thread