Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Application Suggestions

Application Suggestions Have an awesome idea for an application? Feel free to share!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
zunehdman
Zuner

zunehdman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to zunehdman
Smile DOS app for zune HD or librate

ill make the thumbnail for the DOS zdk app. If some one can make a port of dosbox or cmd.exe from windows.

ok EVE THE IPOD TOUCH HAD DOS ON THE APPSTORE!!!!!!!

ok i REALLY need dos for the zune if someone can port dos to zune via openzdk then thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Go to the liberate compatibility list and look for "pocketdos". Install it to liberate, it works fairly well I believe there are better instructions included with it, if not there should be a thread on here dealing with that. If neither of those are true let me know and ill create a tutorial for you.

Now that I have helped you, I must say that I absolutely hate people that say "well the iPod has it so why doesn't the Zune".
1. the iPod is built to be more friendly to apps and games. The Zune is a music player
2. If you haven't noticed by now there are FAR more people with ipods than zunes, therefore more devs and more motivation for devs
3. If the amount of people with ipods wasn't enough motivation, you can actually make money creating iPod apps
4. The zuneHD is a relatively old device. It came out the same year as the second gen iPod touch. It is unrealistic, and illogical to compare a 4th Gen iPod touch to the Zune HD.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
zunehdman
Zuner

zunehdman has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to zunehdman

pocketdos dos not work

Closed Thread