Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future
Default What Windows 8 should look like

This looks fantastic. I know it's only a mockup by a hopeful, but damn it's lovely. Windows 8 has seemed to fall short of what our expectations were from the first initial leaks. I was hoping for a lovely minimalist design that orientates your favorite apps very close. Have a look at these mockups. I want.

The mockups show programs also re-skinned like Skype and Internet Explorer with the theme running through the whole operating system. It seems so calm and sleek I just wish it was real. What a shame.

[theverge.com]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Charge; 02-25-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Locke
Is the order a rabbit?
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

It looks to me like someone tossed Metro into Ubuntu more than anything else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

It does look a lot better than what Windows 8 is turning into.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Zombii Matt
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Retired Admin
Zune Priest

Zombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offerZombii Matt is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via AIM to Zombii Matt Send a message via MSN to Zombii Matt Send a message via Skype™ to Zombii Matt

if windows 8 looked like that then i would dual boot my mac

Old 02-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

Dude if Win8 looked like this, I would insta-switch.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

I love calm colors and styles like these. If Windows 8 even resembled this, I would buy it. Probably still buying it either way.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2

That is... BEAUTIFUL!

Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
Vettexl
Vociferously Different
Retired Admin
Premium Member
Zune Lord

Vettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offerVettexl is the best the web has to offer
Send a message via Skype™ to Vettexl

I think this accurately represents my feelings about this mockup:

Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
Atheist
Jr. Zuner

Atheist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
It looks to me like someone tossed Metro into Ubuntu more than anything else.
It does look a lot like metro and Ubuntu but a lot more like Zune Software and Ubunti. It's ok looking. It needs some tweaking cause it feels a little too flat but for the most part this really shows what can be done with Windows 8 Instead of just a few button changes from Windows 7 and a whole make over for the Applications section into a tablet style. I love the tablet style but there has to be much more to Windows 8 then just that. I wanna see what new things they add when it is finally released.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #10
Lycos
Zewbie

Lycos is on a distinguished road
Default Ubuntu

Looks definitely too much like Ubuntu

Closed Thread