Greetings. I've been working on this here program: Llamajack, Blackjack for the ZuneHD. Now, I know there's already a blackjack program for the Zune, but I found it very disappointing. It was hard to read the text, it was easy to not know what was going on, there was no doubling, and there was no splitting.
So I said, "Hey, why can't I make a better one?" So that's what I went and endeavored to do. However after writing something like 1800 lines of code I grow tired of this and need a break from this nonsense. So here is the unfinished (though I, in my unbiased opinion, believe much superior) product.
I have played around on it for a while and haven't encountered any real big scary bugs so if you run into any please let me know. I will
be finishing this, I just need a break. And what better to do in a break than have people find stuff that I can get enraged fixing? ^^
I, as you can tell, am no Graphic Design major. I did make all the cards and stuff so Sorry they're kind of ugly. I also didn't do any animations like the other blackjack game has, but .. I have enough troubles as is without having to worry about that stuff too
Splitting Code (though it didn't work right and was the main cause of my frustration I just commented it out so I could come back at a later date to fix it)
Easy to read text
An About page (with some basic rules and stuff)
And here are some nice pictures showing off the touch locations in case anybody was interested?
Known bugs and issues:
1. If you press where the "about" button is on the main page when you are looking at the "about" page it will sometimes redirect you back to the "about" page instead of just taking you to the main menu
2. Dealer blackjacks don't automatically win, so you still play your hand before you find out if they have it or not
3. Splits don't work (and the button is intentionally missing)
4. I had some weird issue for a while where if you would tap your cards to get hit for the next hand (you are viewing the "you just won/lost" message and tap your cards to get new ones) you would get dealt your cards and get hit once. It only happened a few times and I've changed stuff since then so maybe I fixed it, maybe not.
Features not implemented in this version but planned for full release:
- Resuming your old game
- Dealer blackjack beats you.
- Accelerometer support (since it only works that one way right now)
- Maybe even money/insurance bets (unsure about whether I want to do this or not)
- Any super good suggestions that I get from this thread that I feel I can implement
Also I had a very confusing time getting skydrive to let me share a folder publicly and/or just put the .ccgame file into the public folder so any information on doing that would be extremely helpful.
Now, for some shameless self promotions:
If you liked this game, check out Llama Co's other applications over on SourceForge!
Llama Alarm Clock
Hope you like everything