Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Console and PC Gaming

Console and PC Gaming Xbox, Playstation, PC gaming, everything of that sort should be in here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxjahasotoxx has a spectacular aura about
Default Battlefield 3

currently there's an open beta :here
its avalable for Pc,Ps3, and Xbox360

sweet awesomeness

and I've been playing on the Xbox 360 : xxjahasotoxx

Last edited by xxjahasotoxx; 10-01-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

Played the beta for PC and I have a number of thoughts.

THE BAD
1. The map blows. Why they would choose a tiny map not representative of BF3 is beyond me. No vehicles? WTF is that?

2. The way they set up the server browser and the battlelog **** is horrible. This is only a concern for the PC version though.

3. The movement seems really weird. You crawl way too fast and jumping over objects is pretty glitchy.

4. Teamwork? There isn't any. The squad system blows and everyone kinda runs around doing their own thing. For a game that's supposed to be about teamwork this is really lame.

THE GOOD
1. The customization is excellent. Plenty of stuff to customize.

2. The level pacing seems good. You don't gain ranks crazy fast like in CoD and not crazy slow like in BC2.

3. The game definitely looks good, and the ultra settings for the PC version aren't even in the beta.

4. The weapons feel good and seem to have the right amount of recoil.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
xxjahasotoxx

xxjahasotoxx has a spectacular aura aboutxxjahasotoxx has a spectacular aura about

the lack of team work i noticed but i believe its because most people want to explore seeing how its new, my cusin who has never played battlefield played it with me yesterday and literally took five minutes just too look around, i'm just glad it at least hasn't gotten to the point, like call of duty, where you can be a one man army

and true the map is weak but its a beta demo its expected to be glitchy as hell and kinda suck

as for the no vehicles well it would'a sucked having a tank and not be able to go anywhere

and team work is decent in my opinion you just gotta join the right people

Old 10-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
SilentWalrus
Knowledgable Walrus
Support Team
Expert Zuner

SilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to beholdSilentWalrus is a splendid one to behold

Call of Duty: Modern **** fest 2 has destroyed any sort of new or different fps. If you require team work, which all Battlefield games do, you'll fail because of idiots who think that they're playing deathmatch when nearly all game types are objective based.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Old 10-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Its alright, but has a ****ton if bugs right now

Old 10-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
Rainbow Dash
Banned
Zune Lord

Rainbow Dash is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohbah11 View Post
Its alright, but has a ****ton if bugs right now
Well that's why it's a beta

I look forward to the actual game and would try the beta on 360 if I still had gold.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorvette View Post

I look forward to the actual game and would try the beta on 360 if I still had gold.
I know there's going to be bugs in a beta, but it seems like it shouldn't even be in the beta stage yet

Old 10-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

Quote:

Your computer could probably run it on the lowest settings.

I've only watched Ryan play it a bit, and it didn't look too bad but then again I don't play many FPS' so I don't have much to go on.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
xxjahasotoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalrus View Post
Call of Duty: Modern **** fest 2 has destroyed any sort of new or different fps. If you require team work, which all Battlefield games do, you'll fail because of idiots who think that they're playing deathmatch when nearly all game types are objective based.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
my thoughts exactly, even if i do play cod every now and then

Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

This is worse than people screwing around in Gary's Mod. :v

Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

Quote:
1) Your laptop could play it on medium

2) The Xbox's servers are utter **** and rarely work

3) Xbox Live sucks

4)

I only played it on the PS3 because I actually have friends on there to play it with unlike on the PC version. Less team work than usual, but I never follow a team around in the first place. Except when I played with Alex that one time. I think the map is good, but they could've used something better to show off the frostbyte engine. Something with vehicles that has a bunch of things that can be blown up etcetera.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #12
xxjahasotoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RJx8Ruhcuo
This is worse than people screwing around in Gary's Mod. :v
I have yet to see that on the xbox the worst i've seen is a sink hole and the guns floating on top of a person laying down

Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #13
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjahasotoxx View Post
I have yet to see that on the xbox the worst i've seen is a sink hole and the guns floating on top of a person laying down
I think my favorite glitch is when I see ammo clips (just the clips, not the guns) floating above people's heads as they run around. xD

Old 10-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
xxjahasotoxx

so the game's out today already picked it up, playing later on the xbox join me if you want

Old 10-25-2011, 03:38 PM   #15
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

enterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to all

Out today? It's not supposed to be out until tomorrow... I have it coming in the mail tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Out today? It's not supposed to be out until tomorrow... I have it coming in the mail tomorrow.
I just got back from shopping for some unrelated items and saw BF3 copies already on shelves.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #17
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

enterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to allenterflux is a name known to all

Holy cow. They're itching to get it out there, aren't they?

Old 10-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Holy cow. They're itching to get it out there, aren't they?
And this was BJ's. They aren't exactly a huge gaming store. :v

Old 10-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #19
Bellic
Big mouth prick.
Expert Zuner

Bellic has a spectacular aura aboutBellic has a spectacular aura about

It's October 25, guys. Battlefield 3 came out today. That shouldn't be a shocker.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
enterflux
Graduate Zuner

Well **** me sideways. Battlefield 3 came in the mail today and I didn't even know it. Well, can't pick it up until tomorrow. Mail room's closed.

Closed Thread