Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications

Zune Games and Applications Discuss, request, share, and download Zune Games here. Having troubles with Zune Games? No problem, we can help.

View Poll Results: Which game would you prefer?
ZuneHero - Music Based, Tap to play game 7 70.00%
Geomatrix - Puzzle Game involving powered nodes 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

runewake2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to runewake2
Question ZuneHero vs Geomatrix

It seems that a lot of people want guitar hero on their Zune HD. I am currently working on Geomatrix, but am not to the point where starting a new project would be a horrible thing. Anyway, the question is, would you rather have ZuneHero or Geomatrix.

For those of you that don't know, Geomatrix is a puzzle based game involving power nodes. You have to travel to each node exactly once in order to complete the level.

The choice is yours.

Also, if you want to help with either version than you are more than welcome. Artists, coders etc are all welcome. Also someone with a better understanding of sound (more than loud, quiet etc) would also be helpful. The sound person would only be needed for ZuneHero.

I'll let this topic steam for a few days and than make my decision.

runewake2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Locke
Not to be trifled with
Senior Editor
Super Moderator
Demi Zuner

Locke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to beholdLocke is a splendid one to behold

I'd prefer Geomatrix, personally.

Locke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

As fun as geomatrix sounds, I think I would rather have zunehero. As long as you can make it better than it was when I tried it on the SD (it may have been upgraded since then, that was a while ago). Unfortunately I can't do much in the way of programming or graphics, but i do have a little experience testing Zune apps and would love to help you out there (once you get to that point)

boohbah11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #4
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

Thanks for the input, both of you. I have not tried ZuneHero so I can't say if it will be better or worse. I'll try to make it so it analyzes the song (like audiosurf) then create a track and you play it.

As a guitarist myself I would love to add a feature so you could hold it like the neck of the guitar and maybe play that way. That would take a lot more work and time than I have though.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Rainbow Dash
Banned
Zune Lord

Rainbow Dash is an unknown quantity at this point

Finish the game you're working on, Zune hero sucked anyways because it didn't go with the beat of songs

Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorvette View Post
Finish the game you're working on, Zune hero sucked anyways because it didn't go with the beat of songs
If, as he said, he made it analyze the song and made tracks, and have that ability to hold it like a guitar, that would be incredible. If your doing that though, change the name, an awesome game like that shouldn't associated with zunehero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorvette View Post

boohbah11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
runewake2
Experienced Zuner

It would not be a clone of ZuneHero if thats what you think. It would be something along the lines of Frets on Fire.

Yes, the app doesn't sound as good as it could have been (meaning ZuneHero). Anyway, the name is just something that people will look at and say, "Hey, look, guitar hero for my Zune" that is the goal. The final name will be different if I go that path.

Last edited by runewake2; 10-19-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
dooglehead
><(((ยบ>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

I'd prefer Geomatrix.

dooglehead is offline   Reply With Quote