Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Console and PC Gaming

Console and PC Gaming Xbox, Playstation, PC gaming, everything of that sort should be in here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Seb
Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies!
So mainstream, I'm a standard
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Seb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Seb Send a message via Skype™ to Seb
Default Terraria Thread

Let's talk about Terraria. This surprisely fun game that I barely touched the surface of, consider there's so much to explore in this game.

So let's start with this. What the hell is this on the bottom of the screen?

Also, if you got servers, I wanna hear them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Arfey McFeeshy
Experienced Zuner

Arfey McFeeshy is on a distinguished road

Seems like 2d minecraft.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Seb
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Seb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant futureSeb has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfey McFeeshy View Post
Seems like 2d minecraft.
It's not. Minecraft focuses more on building while Terraria focuses on exploring.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
ZuFi
/me .
Senior Editor
GFX Crew
Elite Zuner

ZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to allZuFi is a name known to all

And there's more mobs in Terraria.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #5
Charge
If I'm not online, I probably am
Senior Editor
Support Team
GFX Crew
Premium Member
Retired Staff
Holy Zuner

Charge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant futureCharge has a brilliant future

Exploring? How is exploring more exciting in a 2d world than a 3d world?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

That's what I was wondering. 2D worlds are pretty bland and straight forward.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Seb
Retired Staff
Ultimate Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
That's what I was wondering. 2D worlds are pretty bland and straight forward.
Not in Terraria. It's vast and quite diverse. Just when you thought you found everything and explored everywhere, there's more. Dungeons, treasure chest, pots, Just when you think you found all the enemies, there's another one you've never seen before. There's NPC that can move into your "town". There's a money system. There's upgrading to really nice armor and weapons(Although that's in minecraft too). And also much much more, and like minecraft, it's constantly getting updated with new content. But at least play the game a little before forming an opinion. If you play the game and find Minecraft funnier, then fine. I'm not here to change your opinion. That's you.

Hell, I didn't think the game was fun when I pirated it. But then I got into it and I was like "Woah..You can do that? And see that? And use a grappling hook?"

Old 07-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

Im glad that SOMEONE here is finally taking an interest in Terraria >->
----
honestly, once you accomplish all that there is to accomplish (give it a month) then its gets REALLY boring...

Old 07-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
BroiledVictory
Zune Freak

BroiledVictory is a glorious beacon of lightBroiledVictory is a glorious beacon of lightBroiledVictory is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to BroiledVictory Send a message via Skype™ to BroiledVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymasta View Post
honestly, once you accomplish all that there is to accomplish (give it a month) then its gets REALLY boring...
I have heard that so much...

Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

I've been playing terraria for the longest.

Regarding the picture in the OP, it's a demon shrine. It can be used to craft items which summon bosses.

Unfortunately I haven't run in to any worlds which are not filled with trolls. One world I went in to had the entire area around the spawn cleared out until you eventually hit the underworld, where you burn in the lava =(

Old 07-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #11
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

keymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to allkeymasta is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air King View Post
I've been playing terraria for the longest.

Regarding the picture in the OP, it's a demon shrine. It can be used to craft items which summon bosses.

Unfortunately I haven't run in to any worlds which are not filled with trolls. One world I went in to had the entire area around the spawn cleared out until you eventually hit the underworld, where you burn in the lava =(
oh yea? how long
since what Ver, were you playing?

Old 07-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
Air King
Zune Guardian

Quote:
oh yea? how long
since what Ver, were you playing?
Don't get your panties in a bunch... I didn't mean that I was playing Terraria longer than anyone on this forum, it's an expression meaning for a long time. But to answer your question, I don't know. I started playing at 1.0.2. The game was still lots of fun even with just a few different mobs (I count all slimes as one type of mob).

Old 07-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
keymasta
Extremely Sarcastic
Super Zuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air King View Post
Don't get your panties in a bunch... I didn't mean that I was playing Terraria longer than anyone on this forum, it's an expression meaning for a long time. But to answer your question, I don't know. I started playing at 1.0.2. The game was still lots of fun even with just a few different mobs (I count all slimes as one type of mob).
I played it when it first came out.
...yea, I was only acted like that because I was bored out of my mind... like now for instance.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #14
Air King
Zune Guardian

Quote:
I played it when it first came out.
...yea, I was only acted like that because I was bored out of my mind... like now for instance.
lol I'm about to play some classics. Ghouls and Ghosts, Altered Beast, maybe some other Genesis stuff. Also, probably Starfox 64.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
Air King
Zune Guardian

Grah! Farming for a slime king takes forever! even with a water candle!

Closed Thread