Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Console and PC Gaming

Console and PC Gaming Xbox, Playstation, PC gaming, everything of that sort should be in here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road
Default Xbox Summer of Arcade

So Summer of started yesterday with the release of Bastion. Here is the official schedule and descriptions of the games:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox.com
Bastion (July 20 – 1200 Microsoft Points)
Take control of a character known as The Kid, who is thrust into a world that has literally collapsed around him. He must now construct a safe haven and build a new world from the remnants of the past. The game features lush and imaginative artwork as well as an innovative reaction system that responds to your actions in real time throughout the adventure.

From Dust (July 27 – 1200 Microsoft Points)
Immerse yourself in a world as exotically beautiful as it is dangerous! Control the destiny of a primitive tribe against the backdrop of a world in constant evolution—a universe where mighty Nature reclaims what is hers, and your mastery of the elements is your people's only hope of survival …

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (August 3 – 1200 Microsoft Points)
Experience a captivating adventure set in a unique, rich and insanely twisted world, blending exploration, intense shooter action, and puzzle-solving with gorgeous visuals and rich story telling in a Hollywood-quality presentation. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet draws you into an epic journey full of surprises, danger and wonder.

Fruit Ninja Kinect (August 10 – 800 Microsoft Points)
The worldwide gaming phenomenon Fruit Ninja has now arrived for Kinect! Your arms are now blades, and the epic battle against the world’s most delicious produce is just beginning. Fruit Ninja Kinect is an amazing evolution of the slice-em-up genre created by Halfbrick, using next-gen power for the juiciest combat ever. Fruit Ninja Kinect includes all the action you know and love with precision control -- along with special features exclusive to Kinect.

Toy Soldiers: Cold War (August 17 – 1200 Microsoft Points)
The Cold War is decided when eighties-era action toys come alive and wage war! Toy Soldiers: Cold War blends intense first person combat with addictive action strategy, whether you're scrapping solo or jumping into the fray with friends.
I had been looking forward to Bastion since it was first announced, and I must say, it doesn't disappoint. The game took me about 7 hours, with all of the "proving grounds" (essentially challenges for each weapon.) The action is fast paced and at times, challenging, especially if you "envoke the gods" which causes different effects, like making your attacks reflect back at you randomly. The story telling is also top notch, the narration was great, it was almost like reading a novel in a sense. I started New Game Plus to get the last two achievements and get 100%. I hope that they make a sequel or at least some DLC. The game is well worth the 1200 MS points (~$15).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
SteppingSplash
Half Bad
Expert Zuner

SteppingSplash has a spectacular aura aboutSteppingSplash has a spectacular aura about

The only thing I'm kinda excited for is Fruit Ninja
But I'll be needing to get me a HDD first

Old 07-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
tnap

Most of them are still 1200 points. No me gusta.

Closed Thread