Go Back   Zune Boards > Technology > Console and PC Gaming

Console and PC Gaming Xbox, Playstation, PC gaming, everything of that sort should be in here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
Arfy
Beep beep zoop
Retired Global
Ultimate Zuner

Arfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to beholdArfy is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Arfy

@OP: Games aren't the only thing that will benefit from spending a little more. The computer itself will have all around better performance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
Beausiph
All of Beau's hoes, wanna take a ride on Beau's hose
Retired Global
Super Zuner

Beausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to allBeausiph is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Beausiph

I think he knows that it won't be a great rig, it also seems he doesn't want to spend more. So please, if you post don't just talk about a better PC. Stay on topic.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #23
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to Draklor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Even older games will likely not run well on only $300, that's pretty much asking for integrated chips, which I can say from experience will not like anything involving 3D rendering; unless Age of Empires is all you care about you probably need to spend a little more.
Oh God integrated. But he won't need to pay too much for the mobo if he's getting an older dual core CPU which is cheaper now. Then with leftover money he could get a 50-60 dollar GPU. A GT 220 can run Oblivion. That's what I had before I got my newer one.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #24
Agent 47

Agent 47 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausiph View Post
I think he knows that it won't be a great rig, it also seems he doesn't want to spend more. So please, if you post don't just talk about a better PC. Stay on topic.
OMG finally someone who catches on.

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

does anything not add up?
ima use an old dell case i have lying around for the time being

Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #25
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Draklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to allDraklor is a name known to all

Get 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM. And will the Dell case fit the ATX mobo?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #26
Agent 47

the mobo supports DDR2, the budget doesn't support 4gig, if i ever feel the need to i can add ram. I'm gonna check about the case tomorrow

Old 06-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #27
Alex
Ban ALL the Users
GFX Crew
Super Moderator
Expert Zuner

Alex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud ofAlex has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Alex

Most Dell and other OEM cases are mini towers, meaning that you would need a micro-ATX motherboard to fit in it. Your best bet it to buy a mid tower.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #28
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Exactly. Also how many RAM slots does the mobo have?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #29
JareeB
Experienced Zuner

JareeB is on a distinguished road

then save up another 100 or so and buy a decent gpu

Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #30
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

The processor will be adequate... but you're going to want 3 GB RAM. As for the graphics card, you can get a cheap one for $50 that will be able to play games from 2009. Keep in mind that these aren't the only components of a laptop. You need to buy a case, heat sink, fan, etc. So you're most likely going to be spending way more than $300 unless you can find used or salvaged parts.

I think I would actually laugh pretty hard if you spent your entire budget on just RAM, a processor, and a GPU.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #31
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

He doesn't necessarily need a heat sink fan. He's not overclocking, and the mobo hsfans are good enough as is.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #32
JareeB
Experienced Zuner

he cant find an old case in the trash or something or has a friend with one laying around?
10-Bay ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - No PSU (Black/Silver) T6027
this is the site i got my case from sure its a pos but it works.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #33
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

If you just grab a random old case lying around there's a chance the motherboard won't fit the case. That's why. And it may fit in, but it has to be able to screw into the right places, too.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #34
Air King
Zune Guardian

Air King is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JareeB View Post
he cant find an old case in the trash or something or has a friend with one laying around?
Would you honestly go rummaging around in a land fill for a computer case?

Old 06-06-2011, 09:10 PM   #35
Agent 47

Update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Most Dell and other OEM cases are mini towers, meaning that you would need a micro-ATX motherboard to fit in it. Your best bet it to buy a mid tower.
it is a micro ATX mobo, so I believe no problem there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Exactly. Also how many RAM slots does the mobo have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seifer93 View Post
The processor will be adequate... but you're going to want 3 GB RAM. As for the graphics card, you can get a cheap one for $50 that will be able to play games from 2009. Keep in mind that these aren't the only components of a laptop. You need to buy a case, heat sink, fan, etc. So you're most likely going to be spending way more than $300 unless you can find used or salvaged parts.
I think I would actually laugh pretty hard if you spent your entire budget on just RAM, a processor, and a GPU.
I'm uploading pics of my "starter" case.
Quote:
nice, will probably buy that later.

---------- Post added 06-07-2011 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-06-2011 at 11:59 PM ----------
my starter base
PC - Imgur

An alternative, I could get it for $300
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...408736032.html

Last edited by Agent 47; 06-06-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #36
JareeB
Experienced Zuner

i would use my suggested build and buy a case from geeks.com, it is alot better and it will last longer with out buyin a whole new system

Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #37
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

$200, that leaves you $50 for a crappy GPU. ZOTAC GF6100-E-E nForce 4 Barebones Kit - ZOTAC GF6100-E-E Mini ITX Board, AMD Athlon X2 7850 BE CPU, CPU Cooler, Patriot 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR2 RAM, Seagate 500GB HDD, DVDRW, Diablotek Mid Tower, 400W PSU at TigerDirect.com

Old 06-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #38
Draklor
ribbit
Retired Global
Zune Lord

Get a GT 220 for graphics card. They're cheap and work pretty well for the games you want.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #39
Agent 47

Quote:
i would use my suggested build and buy a case from geeks.com, it is alot better and it will last longer with out buyin a whole new system
due to filters at work blocking the picture u posted, i still haven't gotten around to looking at the build ur talking about, i'll have to make a note to do it at home since i'm rarely on zb at home.
which would u choose? I like the fast harddrive on this one
Custom Build Desktop

Old 06-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #40
Grim
Banned
Expert Zuner

Grim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant futureGrim has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Grim Send a message via MSN to Grim

That HDD isn't going to make a huge difference, plus its only 80GBs.
With the build I posted you will need to get a fan for the CPU though.
I would go with mine because its upgradeable and you will have money left over for a decent video card, not that ****ty ATI Radeon X1650.

Closed Thread