Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Download XNA Applications

Download XNA Applications XNA Applications

Old 04-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #21
eighthNote
Jr. Zuner

eighthNote is on a distinguished road

Can xna saves even be accessed via Liberate? I think trying to that save outside its own folder will cause exceptions.

For generalities sake, I was thinking of using the full tileset, ~45 tiles. Though I could make a "lite" version, I suppose. This would cut out the text tiles(I was kinda lazy with that...), and combine things like the players, spikes, numbers with their writings and the like.(when the game is loaded, it generates a secondary tileset/map for collisions that is kinda like this)

On placing multi-directional tiles like spikes and doors, tilt could be used to determine the direction of the tile. I'm not really sure about having a dropdown menu, it might cloud up the top row.

There will be one interesting bit that I should maybe change is how maps are stored.
Currently, I'm using the format from the old map editor, whose syntax looks kinda like a python dictionary (lots of square brackets and such) whereas I should maybe change it to use xml for simplicity of read/write operations.

Feature-wise, there will be two functions pencil and grabber. Selecting the pencil tool from the menu would bring up the tile set, from which you could select some number of tiles (in a rectangle) to draw. Once the finger is removed (tap selects 1) it goes back to the map screen, where it will try to put down said tiles wherever you touch.
The top left tile in the tileset would be the erase tool, so-to-speak, as it will represent placing 0 at the tile (which is read as empty)

Alternatively, one could select the grabber tool. This would bring the map back up, and allow you to select a subset of tiles already on the map. This way you can put down big groups of tiles, or copy rooms with ease. (this is how the windows map editor functions for erasing)

With regards to map size, for ease of writing the editor, I should maybe clamp its size.
The room selector could be a set of numbered buttons, or a minimap, from which you could select a room.

Hmm. I'd also need to write a numb pad to determine the last room.

This will be a very large project. (Though I have code/logic that I could emulate to make it work which would simplify things)

Edit: this discussion should really move to a suggestion at themetalbox.com for tilt (even though I'm not sure there's even a section for tilt suggestions)
I'll get that delt with asap.

eighthNote is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #22
garthbartin
Experienced Zuner

garthbartin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so glad you want to take this on. You seem to have a much better idea of what to do than I do so I'll leave it to you unless I come up with something more.

garthbartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #23
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighthNote View Post
Can xna saves even be accessed via Liberate?
Nope.

dooglehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #24
pianisto
Jr. Zuner

pianisto is on a distinguished road

this is is simple and fantastic. I'm addicted.

pianisto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #25
eighthNote
Jr. Zuner

Thanks mista!

With regards to a map editor, without a method of sharing maps, I'm not sure there is much point in going through the work of making one without the ability to share them.
while it's doable, I think I'll wait until the point where the website is ready to accept map uploads. Of course, if you really want to make maps, drop me a pm, and I'll send you the source(map editor + map editor source included)(I'll write up a little tutorial as well, I suppose, though most of the tutorial is already available. I only made a couple formatting changes)
I'm pretty sure that xna can't save outside of its own folder/would be *really* surprised if it can.

In other news, I just recompiled/uploaded a new version, done on a computer which I don't think has xna 4.0 -->the thumbnail should work for everyone now.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:29 AM   #26
Dirax13
Jr. Zuner

Dirax13 is on a distinguished road

just finished deploying the thumbnail fix, works great. finally tried just moving past the first pumpkin for the new levels. is there anything after the pupkin filled room?

Dirax13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #27
eighthNote
Jr. Zuner

Unfortunately, that is room number 60. That does give me a rather sinister idea for rooms to follow it...

At some point,(in terms of your high score, or how many pumpkins you've collected) on of the pumpkins in the last room will become a door, leading to rooms similar to those from earlier, but filled with pumpkins rather than spikes, along with a number of new, more difficult rooms, ending with a room involving a giant pumpkin, a la Charlie Brown.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #28
Crm

Crm is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Crm

this game is awesomeee

Crm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #29
Tupac
Zuner

Tupac is on a distinguished road

You Have Broken Links ......

Tupac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #30
Zune Lover
Banned
Squirt

Zune Lover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac View Post
Well this is over a year old so I'm sure there are going to be a lot of bad links.

Zune Lover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #31
dooglehead
><(((º>
Support Team
Graduate Zuner

dooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nicedooglehead is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to dooglehead Send a message via Skype™ to dooglehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac View Post
http://games.zhdapps.com/2011/xna/tilt/

dooglehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #32
deathtoall
Zewbie

deathtoall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooglehead View Post