Go Back   Zune Boards > Zune Discussions > Zune Games and Applications > Download OpenZDK Applications

Download OpenZDK Applications OpenZDK Applications

Old 11-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #41
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Netrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohbah11 View Post
i try to connect, but every time i do it just says "unable to connect to the host. please verify that the host was entered correctly and that the port is forwarded, if necessary." it does this on lan and internet. anyone have some solutions?

oh, and i am using xp pro, since that seems to be making a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario222 View Post
I think it might be an XP thing I'm having a problem connecting too. I run the software on my computer, disable the fire walls, added port exceptions to windows firewall and even add exceptions for internal traffic to my router.

I forgot to say but I'm running XP SP3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComePlayDying View Post
damn, i've been waiting for an app like this a long time, so i'm really happy you made it Netrix. but i have a little problem. when i connect trough LAN or Internet my zune gives me the message:'Unable to connect to the host. Make sure that there is a computer on your LAN that is running the PC app.' but the pc app is running and waiting for my zune to connect. I tried turning off my firewall, but it didn't help. I can however sync my zune wireless with my computer for the zune software.
I use windows xp SP3.

So if you have an idea to solve my problem, i would love to hear it.

PS: if i can get this app working i will donate 10$ for your efforts in creating quality apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estix The Roman View Post
I figured it out!! Turns out, it was the Zune PC side software. I put it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode and then I could see all the functions. (The buttons were missing when ran regularly but I didn't know.) It still doesn't work, though but I'll play with my settings.

I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.
You all are in luck. The issue is happening to me as well, which means that if I fix it for myself, it should be fixed for you.

Netrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #42
Mario222
Experienced Zuner

Mario222 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netrix View Post
You all are in luck. The issue is happening to me as well, which means that if I fix it for myself, it should be fixed for you.
Sounds good to me.

Mario222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #43
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Netrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud ofNetrix has much to be proud of

I updated it. Now it should work for people using Windows XP.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #44
Nelson
Zune Guardian

Nelson is just really niceNelson is just really niceNelson is just really nice

great job once again netrix

Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2010, 01:10 PM   #45
Estix The Roman
Experienced Zuner

Estix The Roman is on a distinguished road

You guys are going to love me for this one. I'm sitting here using this, and getting annoyed at the fact that I can't view webpages the right way because I can't scroll! It gets annoying going all the way to the edge. So I did a little research and came up with this:

How to Scroll if Your Mouse has No Scroll Wheel | CarltonBale.com

Works for me. A bit sketchy, though. Takes some mastering.

Estix The Roman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #46
ComePlayDying
Zewbie

ComePlayDying is on a distinguished road

wow, it works, really awesome!!! and as promised, I donated 10$ for your efforts keep up the brilliant work

it would be cool though if you had the possibility to enable or disable the red markers. it's just a suggestion, because i would use it to control WMP and stuff, and in that situation the red lines are a bit annoying. but still, awesome job can't say it enough

Last edited by ComePlayDying; 11-25-2010 at 01:54 PM.

ComePlayDying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #47
Mario222
Experienced Zuner

Mario222 is on a distinguished road

I was able to get this to work and It is so cool! Other then the fix you made i also changed the port number and that seemed to have done it.

Mario222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2010, 03:17 PM   #48
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Quote:
wow, it works, really awesome!!! and as promised, I donated 10$ for your efforts keep up the brilliant work
Thank you very much.

Quote:
it would be cool though if you had the possibility to enable or disable the red markers. it's just a suggestion, because i would use it to control WMP and stuff, and in that situation the red lines are a bit annoying. but still, awesome job can't say it enough
Done. You can get it here: Remote Zune v1.1.2.zip

I also fixed resetting the zoom with three touches, which no one mentioned.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #49
REA
Experienced Zuner

REA has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Remote Zune is an application that allows users to remotely access and control their PC, either through a LAN connection, or through the Internet.
still no YouTube app i see...

lol jk. good job!

REA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #50
Tartarus
Experienced Zuner

Tartarus has disabled reputation

hey netrix, i have an idea on the next release, put a few more functions in like a trackpad, and make it so u can switch back and forth between the 2 modes, and maybe a medi center remote for win7(or xp mce) users, it would basically be the arrow keys and enter button.
that would be great, i understand if you think this is retarded but its just my idea.
thanks

Tartarus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #51
RockerX
Squirt

RockerX is on a distinguished road

I love this app! I have wanted a way to control Hulu without using the mouse and this is a great alternative. The only criticism I have is that the screen cannot be turned off while it is running. Yes you can press the power button and it will shut off for a few seconds, but it will come back on after a moment to show the screen lock. If you could allow it to stay off it would help save the battery while it is not needed.

RockerX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #52
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996
Smile

Another boring thumbnail... but a great app!! I love it so much!

(here's a low-quality version of what I'm using for thumb, not that anyone cares...)

Cubby1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #53
derEitel
Zuner

derEitel is on a distinguished road

it worked fine for me at first than i left the room and came back and it was disconnected so i tried to reconnect but now it wont work anymore.

derEitel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #54
Redwing

Redwing is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this has been reported before, but today I used this over wifi and the Zune stopped doing things to the computer. I could pan the view correctly, but not manipulate. After a moment the Zune reported it was disconnected. I attempted a reconnect and was successful, but then Windows informed me there was an IP address conflict. I'm assuming the Zune was using the same IP as my computer on the wifi.

It could just be because the router is old and there are several computers on the network already, but it might be worth looking into. Otherwise, AMAZING app, I love it completely.

Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #55
Netrix
Purger of Ignorance
Development Front
Retired Staff
Super Zuner²

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerX View Post
I love this app! I have wanted a way to control Hulu without using the mouse and this is a great alternative. The only criticism I have is that the screen cannot be turned off while it is running. Yes you can press the power button and it will shut off for a few seconds, but it will come back on after a moment to show the screen lock. If you could allow it to stay off it would help save the battery while it is not needed.
If the screen stays off, the Wi-Fi will turn off. The screen has to stay on. I guess I could make it so the displaying could be turned off and just have the screen show all black instead of turning all the way off, which would save some power. This was meant to be a "remote", as in out of sight of your PC, but it would be better for it to be as useful as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby1996 View Post
Another boring thumbnail... but a great app!! I love it so much!

(here's a low-quality version of what I'm using for thumb, not that anyone cares...)
Yes, I make "boring" thumbnails because thumbnails are completely useless other than looking pretty for a couple seconds before they are touched. I am a very busy person and I have no interest in wasting a bunch of time creating non-boring thumbnails. I already spent many days making this app, so if people want interesting thumbnails, they can create them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
I don't know if this has been reported before, but today I used this over wifi and the Zune stopped doing things to the computer. I could pan the view correctly, but not manipulate. After a moment the Zune reported it was disconnected. I attempted a reconnect and was successful, but then Windows informed me there was an IP address conflict. I'm assuming the Zune was using the same IP as my computer on the wifi.

It could just be because the router is old and there are several computers on the network already, but it might be worth looking into. Otherwise, AMAZING app, I love it completely.
Set up your router better. You probably need to let it assign more IP addresses.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #56
Cubby1996
Experienced Zuner

Cubby1996 has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Cubby1996

I know. Again, great app. [I'm] still able to use it without any issues, unlike the VR Zune which for some reason still doesn't work for me, even though they use the same port....

Cubby1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #57
Redwing

Redwing is on a distinguished road

I like the thumbnail. Also, the router is my grandparents'. When I get back to my dorm I'll have a much better setup.

Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #58
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

this app is amazing, especially once you get it working. however, is there any way that use could use this just on another pc? i know alot of situations that that could come in very handy

boohbah11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #59
boohbah11
Graduate Zuner

boohbah11 has a spectacular aura aboutboohbah11 has a spectacular aura about

there also seems to be some issue with sound being played through the zune

boohbah11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #60
Newbkilla
Squirt

Newbkilla is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Newbkilla