View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
B777Forever
Ignorance is my friend :3

B777Forever will become famous soon enough
Default Microsoft lowers WP7 requirements

Microsoft has lowered the the hardware requirments for WP7 in what it seems like a move to attract more harware manufactures and for existing manufactures (i.e Nokia) to produce lower end models for the masses.

Quote:
Standard Hardware
  • A common set of hardware controls and buttons that include the Start, Search, and Back buttons.
  • A large WVGA (800 x 480) format display capable of rendering most web content in full-page width and displaying movies in widescreen.
  • Capacitive 4-point multi-touch screens for quick, simple control of the phone and its features.
  • Support for data connectivity using cellular networks and Wi-Fi.
  • 256 MB (or more) of RAM and 8 GB (or more) of flash storage.
  • A-GPS
  • Accelerometer
Quote:
Optional Hardware
  • Compass
  • Gyro
  • Primary Camera
  • Front-facing Camera
Prior to the recent revisement, all WP7 devices needed to have at least one camera, a gyro, and a compass.

Personally, I think this is great news. We will finally see more affordable WP7 handsets. I think this move will allow WP7 to capture more marketshare.

One thing that worries me however, is that I do not want to see WP7 end up like Android. With Android, you see a a handful of quality phones, while at the sametime you see a lot of subpar phones on terrible hardware.

[WpCentral]

B777Forever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]