View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #1
Creative Zune
Life goes on...
Retired Staff
Expert Zuner

Creative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to allCreative Zune is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Creative Zune Send a message via MSN to Creative Zune
Default I Need Help Picking A Reliable External Hard Drive

Hey Folks,

As you all know college kids (like me) start classes in August instead of September so I'm in a rush to get this thing and load it up ASAP.

I Have 2 computers (Laptop+Desktop) and I use both. I do use the laptop a little bit more because I'm usually on the go (writing papers/essays while on the train) etc.

Later on this year I'll have a business going that requires me to backup/restore files and also access them at any given time for a customers.

So my plan is to save all my files(Desktop+Laptop) to the external hard drive as well as the customers files. But my files are going to be there temporarily.

Anyway, I've done some extensive research and found that these two are reliable and fits my needs.

Amazon.com: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB USB 2.0 Ultra-Portable External Hard Drive STAA1000100 (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1 TB USB 2.0 Ultra-Portable External Hard Drive STAA1000100 (Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Ultra Portable External Hard Drive (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Western Digital My Passport Essential SE 1 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Ultra Portable External Hard Drive (Black): Electronics

I'm looking for nothing less than 1TB. Price isn't really an issue as long as its worth it.

I'm not that interested in USB 3.0 OR ESATA OR FIREWIRE because the customers PC might not support it(generally). But if I had to choose I would prefer USB 3.0 because it is backwards compatible with 2.0.

So do you guys agree on my selections? do you have any suggestions? All help is appreciated.

Creative Zune is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]