Zune Boards

Zune Boards (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Console and PC Gaming (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Halo CE:A (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61295)

enterflux 11-15-2011 03:17 PM

Halo CE:A

I wanted to make a discussion thread for this game. My copy came today and it was worth every cent of the $30 I spent on it.

****ing. Amazing.

What do you guys think of it so far? I've only been able to put in an hour so far. My opinion may be *heavily* influenced by the nostalgia that is tied with Halo CE, so I'm ecstatic about this game. Beautiful Reach-like graphics, the in game engine switcher back to classic with press of a button, and the remastered sounds. I don't know about you, but now I ****ing LOVE beating down an Elite.

Also, does anybody else think that Legendary is easier than other games? I (somewhat) breezed through that first level. Maybe I'm just influenced by the fact that Reach Legendary was nearly impossible. :shrug:

Rainbow Dash 11-15-2011 03:22 PM

So did they rerecord all the audio or is it actually remastered?

enterflux 11-15-2011 03:26 PM

I think they probably just remastered the voice-overs, but the sound effects (like when you're beating the crap out of an Elite or you smack a grunt in the face) are completely redone. I can try to find the youtube video that came out a couple months ago showing the difference in sound between the two versions.

Legend 11-15-2011 03:58 PM

the TL;DR version of the game: It is a completely remastered game, then they got lazy and didn't remaster the multiplayer.

Grim 11-15-2011 04:10 PM

Halo 1 had the hardest legendary difficulty, if it has been dumbed down... :facepalm:

Also, I have yet to see a single person playing this or actually talking about it. :LOL:

Locke 11-15-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash (Post 610094)
So did they rerecord all the audio or is it actually remastered?

According to Rooster Teeth, it's fully original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 610100)
the TL;DR version of the game: It is a completely remastered game, then they got lazy and didn't remaster the multiplayer.

That's, err, backwards. The single player was untouched outside of graphics, whereas the multi-player was tuned to work more like Reach. In fact, you can play the maps in Reach, either by importing from CE:A or buying them separately.

Legend 11-15-2011 04:17 PM

That is what I meant, instead of adding a graphic layer, new sounds, ect to the current mp, they just took 7 maps, and slapped them on Reach. Also off topic, Halo 4 will be using a modified Reach engine, the next year for me is ruined.

Locke 11-15-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 610106)
That is what I meant, instead of adding a graphic layer, new sounds, ect to the current mp, they just took 7 maps, and slapped them on Reach. Also off topic, Halo 4 will be using a modified Reach engine, the next year for me is ruined.

I dunno about sounds, but they did quite a bit to the graphics. Go to Rooster Teeth's YouTube channel and watch the videos they made of each map.

Honestly, my gripe is they only did 7 maps. I'd have liked to have seen all the maps re-done. Geohydrophobia, anyone? And I need more Blood Gulch. :cry:

Legend 11-15-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke (Post 610108)
I dunno about sounds, but they did quite a bit to the graphics. Go to Rooster Teeth's YouTube channel and watch the videos they made of each map.

Honestly, my gripe is they only did 7 maps. I'd have liked to have seen all the maps re-done. Geohydrophobia, anyone? And I need more Blood Gulch. :cry:

Release all the maps in the remake of a game? No, release some, then use the rest as DLC bait.

enterflux 11-15-2011 04:56 PM

All I know is that the original was amazing and so is the remake. Also, I give absolutely no ****s whatsoever about multiplayer. If I bought games for their multiplayer aspects, I would have given a **** about MW3. I play the man's part of the game: campaign :fyeah:

Locke 11-15-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 610109)
Release all the maps in the remake of a game? No, release some, then use the rest as DLC bait.

And this is why I play TF2.

tnap 11-15-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enterflux (Post 610110)
All I know is that the original was amazing and so is the remake. Also, I give absolutely no ****s whatsoever about multiplayer. If I bought games for their multiplayer aspects, I would have given a **** about MW3. I play the man's part of the game: campaign :fyeah:

Finally, someone who also holds my opinion on this. :awesome:

Beausiph 11-15-2011 07:39 PM

All of the audio was rerecorded, even the main score. It sounds so amazing :win:

I don't like that you can't look down and see your legs >_< Other than that, it's a ****ing fantastic update. :yaybow: I also like the "Analyze" feature with Kinect.

Locke 11-15-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beausiph (Post 610134)
I don't like that you can't look down and see your legs >_<

Is this...is this supposed to be important? Do people like looking at their legs a lot in a games?

Beausiph 11-15-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke (Post 610138)
Is this...is this supposed to be important? Do people like looking at their legs a lot in a games?

Probably not, I just wanted to see it updated :shrug:

enterflux 11-15-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnap (Post 610126)
Finally, someone who also holds my opinion on this. :awesome:

:highfive:
Bro, multiplayer doesn't make a game. The story makes the game. The Modern Warfare series is just for pure shoot and kill pleasure. It's more an arcade game.

jnguyen0749 11-15-2011 08:25 PM

The character animation for CEA is hilarious, but other than that, I wuv. :smile:

Grim 11-15-2011 08:43 PM

Found 1 person playing it today. :lol:

enterflux 11-15-2011 08:50 PM

The game does seem slightly glitchy on the cinematics, but that could be my Xbox (it's 4 years old...) I might try installing the game to the hard drive and see how it goes from there.

Legend 11-16-2011 02:12 AM

Story makes a game yes, but multiplayer MADE Halo, the whole point for people asking for a remake was JUST for the multiplayer with Xbox Live. Hell, when Xbox Live was announced, everyone harassed Bugnie for Halo 1.5.