Zune Boards

Zune Boards (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Discussion (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   what created humans and plants and animals and planets? (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58116)

sai777 04-03-2011 09:42 PM

what created humans and plants and animals and planets?

personally i think hydrogen created everything from stars where new elements are created and those elements are in us.

i would like to know your opinions?

timmahcheese 04-03-2011 09:49 PM

I personally think that there was no "creation" of the universe. I think it always was and always will be in existence. This planet, yes, may have been created by the after-effect of a star going super nova, but the universe, as a whole, is just one big endless cycle of these sort of things occurring. And the creation of stars, if i remember right, is somewhat similar to that of a planet, just with different, more flammable elements.

and new elements aren't created, just discovered :shrug:

thats just my 2cents...

sai777 04-04-2011 12:58 PM

well there was only hydrogen at first and it created every other element

BroiledVictory 04-04-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmahcheese (Post 573091)
and new elements aren't created, just discovered :shrug:

Wrong, they can be created. e.g. Californium.

I believe all life is made by H.

Air King 04-04-2011 02:37 PM

Personally I don't know what to believe, nor do I think about it. The reason being that I did not experience it, nor will it happen in my lifetime. I will say this, I don't believe in the Judo-Christian Adam and Eve, and I only know of one person who whole heartidly does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroiledVictory (Post 573205)
Wrong, they can be created. e.g. Californium.

I believe all life is made by H.

They CAN be created, but not naturally, that's synthetc, and most synthetic elements are unstable/ highly radioactive.

ZuFi 04-04-2011 02:47 PM

Never really cared. But, a quick hypothesis:
I believe that there were only three things: two black holes and a red giant. When the two black holes eventually tried to pull in the sun, the gravitational force was only forced towards the sun, for those three things were the only existing things to be able to make a gravitational pull. Then, eventually, the sun and the two black holes collided flat against each other, thus creating a giant, exploding, imploding thing, that distributed the hydrogen throughout what is now the universe.
Or, God. Or some other religions' god(s).

HopsFrog 04-04-2011 03:22 PM

I do believe in the biblical creation story and whole heartedly in Christianity [Jesus]. Although at the same time apart from what the bible says about the creation I can't explain it further and I don't believe its within the scope of the human mind, to be able to explain how God created the universe would be trying to understand where God's power comes from and how it is exercised. At that point you might as well go ahead and try to define God's being, which I believe goes beyond matter and what we can test with science.

dooglehead 04-04-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seifer93 (Post 573221)
They CAN be created, but not naturally, that's synthetc, and most synthetic elements are unstable/ highly radioactive.

They can be created naturally. The sun, for example, converts hydrogen to helium.

Scott1220 04-04-2011 04:03 PM

IMO: God made everything

everything about human beings are so complex, i dont believe mother nature can make human beings with that complexity.

Arfy 04-04-2011 04:25 PM

Evolution.

Legend 04-04-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 573254)
Evolution.

sums it up.

Netrix 04-04-2011 05:14 PM

Obviously, it was God and He created everything about 10,000 years ago, including dinosaur fossils, mosquitos in million-year-old amber, and billion-year-old rocks.

Well, not really. The is serious discussion, so I have to end on a serious note. Our "universe" is the result of all of the matter in the previous universe being sucked into one super-special-awesome black hole which compressed upon itself with so much force that it resulted in the black hole exploding, thus creating the Big Bang.

Then new elements formed through fusion and such, then evolution, etc.

td;dr: Learn some science.

Food 04-04-2011 05:20 PM

Could be God, could be evolution.
Either way, I don't really care :shrug:

jnguyen0749 04-04-2011 05:43 PM

What people will do with that knowledge? Whether or not it was God or the Big Bang?

Nelson 04-04-2011 05:53 PM

obvious N-Chops ...

N=Nitrogen
C=Carbon
H=Hydrogen
O=Oxygen (i think)
P=Phosphorous
S=Sulfur

(ಠ_ృ) 04-04-2011 07:22 PM

I personally do not give a damn. I live, and the rest of my life is in the future; I shall spend the rest of my time wondering how I am going to live in it. Not what yesterday could have been.

MercifulBoss 04-08-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (ಠ_ృ) (Post 573299)
I personally do not give a damn. I live, and the rest of my life is in the future; I shall spend the rest of my time wondering how I am going to live in it. Not what yesterday could have been.

By looking solely to the future, you miss the past and the present. One should live with knowledge of the past, for that knowledge gives a glimpse to the future. By ignoring the past, you ignore the present, and by ignoring the present you ignore the future, for all these things are related to one another. The past is like a very old and wise man, it teaches many lessons, lessons that must be brought to the present.The present also teaches, and these lessons hurt most when one ignores the past. By learning can you prepare for the future.

The world was created by: Zeus, Uranus and Gaia.

On a more serious note, the universe was created by the previous universe running out of free energy, imploding, and recreating a new universe. Life evolved from self replicating molecules, amino acids, electricity and volcanoes.

(ಠ_ృ) 04-12-2011 04:46 PM

A wizard.

hispanicman15 04-12-2011 06:06 PM

well since all organic beings are made of Hydrogen,Carbon,Phosphorus,Nitrogen, Oxygen, and Sulfur, leads me to believe that these elements created the universe. But sometimes I take a good walk through the woods, and think that the universe is just too intricately built, and such an incredible piece of engineering to be made out of an explosion caused by the elements. but maybe that's just me

Nelson 04-12-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (ಠ_ృ) (Post 574858)
A wizard.

What created the wizard?