Zune Boards

Zune Boards (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zune Games and Applications (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   How do you delete roms off of the visual boy zune? (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53100)

Toaster Oven 08-15-2010 09:45 AM

How do you delete roms off of the visual boy zune?

i recently installed it and put about 7-8 games on it, but with the extra three you get in the beginning, the rom chooser is tiny and cramped! i already deleted them in the roms folder before i deployed, but they are still on the zune. i've tried searching the forums but couldnt find anything. :/

Food 08-15-2010 10:21 AM

You have to delete vba off your zune

Toaster Oven 08-16-2010 09:25 AM

i'd rather not lose my saves and keep it cramped i guess... :/

R3dempt1on 08-18-2010 08:30 PM

Try this delete VBZ then delete the 1st 3 ROM's and put in the one's I wanted, and deploy. That's how I removed those ROM's on my ZuneHD so I don't have them

Arfy 08-18-2010 09:21 PM

That's what xray said. If you delete VBZ, you lose your saves, and he doesn't want to lose them.

DaMadnessView 12-04-2010 04:05 AM

Hello

Im am a brand new members to the forums but would love to create some cool games for my AWESOME zune lol. But im having problems with this as well what is vba or is it vbz. If someone could explain that to be id be very grateful.

The_Pirate_Kin 12-04-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMadnessView (Post 542133)
what is vba or is it vbz. If someone could explain that to be id be very grateful.

It's Visual Boy Zune, and it can only play game boy and game boy color games NO advanced. There's also a bug were the sound from the game's don't work, but you can still listen to your music while you play. BUT there is a mod (i personaly haven't even tryed to install it) that will make the sound work, but rumor has it that it also makes it so only game boy color games work (no regular game boy games) and the sound is blocky.
but other than that whenever i bring stuff up about the VBZ people all say that the project is dead :shrug: so don't expect any break throughs >.<

AND sorry for posting this in the wrong thread btw >.<

DaMadnessView 12-04-2010 10:09 PM

Ugh

No my problem is like his ive put the visual boy zune on my zune, can you explain how to take the three main roms that its comes wit off? I mean i tried removing them from the rom folder and putting visual boy zune again through that Xna or w.e it is when i execute it but its still their.

SO in other terms i need to figure out how to remove roms ive put on the visual boy. ALso is there a limited amount of roms i can put on it

Arfy 12-04-2010 10:11 PM

You have to delete the app itself.

DaMadnessView 12-04-2010 10:50 PM

how do i remove it from my zune? stupid question sorry.

Arfy 12-04-2010 10:53 PM

Tap and hold on the app until a menu comes up, then select delete.

DaMadnessView 12-04-2010 10:59 PM

You my sir are a genuis I will try that as soon as it finished loading.

DaMadnessView 12-04-2010 11:05 PM

so while im on here might i ask any other emulators out there for zune? like nes? and how many roms can the visual boy hold? btw to the admins great site, lots of helpful information and ppl

srry double post

diabino 02-06-2012 08:51 AM

if you ever need to do it again rename the new roms to the names of the one you want to delete then delete the old ones. The new roms will replace the old ones

boohbah11 02-06-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMadnessView (Post 542304)
so while im on here might i ask any other emulators out there for zune? like nes? and how many roms can the visual boy hold? btw to the admins great site, lots of helpful information and ppl

srry double post

zunNESter is a nes emulator for the Zune (I would put a link but I'm on my Zune) and it works pretty well.