Zune Boards

Zune Boards (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Download XNA Applications (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=207)
-   -   <?> [ACS] XNA Lyrics 1.0 (http://www.zuneboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49025)

jfperusse 02-09-2010 09:38 AM

<?> [ACS] XNA Lyrics 1.8

Creator: jfperusse
Version: 1.8 (March 1st, 2010)
Description: Displays lyrics for the currently playing song on the Zune.
Compatibility: Zune Lyrics works with both the SD and HD versions of the Zune.

Features:
  • Uses the "lrc" file format (LRC (file format) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).
  • Displays lyrics if an "lrc" filename is found containing the artist and song names.
  • Lyrics scroll automatically in sync with the music playing.
  • Similar interface as the regular Zune music player:
  • Album art display.
  • Current time and time left.
  • Song title and artist.
  • Battery charge indicator.
  • Play/Pause indicator and control.
  • Volume control by sliding up or down.
  • Previous/Next song using left and right.
  • On the Zune SD, press up on the pad to show a guide to control the device volume, select a playlist, etc.)

Instructions and download link can be found here.

If you try it, let me know what you think and give me your suggestions! (see the Future Versions section of the webpage)

v.1.8 (March 1st, 2010)
- Misc changes related to special characters.
- CleanupFilenames will now trim the filenames to maximum 40 characters.
- The "[ti:" and "[ar:" lines are now used instead of the filename whenever available in lrc files.
- Added scrolling song title when it is too long.
- Removed the Guide.Show() method on the Zune HD since it's not necessary.
- Random mode will now stop when a playlist is selected from the Guide.

v.1.7 (March 1st, 2010)
- Added ability to show the "Guide" which allows controlling the device volume. (SD : Press up on the pad, HD : Touch the bottom of the screen)
- Fixed problem where left/right would play random songs when paused, even with a playlist.
- Added DefaultCharacter ('?') to the font to prevent further issues with unsupported characters.

v.1.6 (February 20th, 2010)
- Added a new project and executable that is used by Package.bat to replace invalid characters before packaging.

v.1.5 (February 20th, 2010)
- Fixed a bug introduced in the previous version where pressing next on a paused song (at the beginning of the song) would enter random mode, even if a list of songs was currently playing.

v.1.4 (February 16th, 2010)
- Fixed problem with random mode allowing the same song to be chosen.
- New random mode. "Right" for any song, "Left" for a song with lyrics.

v.1.3 (February 13th, 2010)
- Added a deadzone for the volume control so that volume is not changed when changing song.
- If only one song is in the queue, next/previous will choose random songs.
- Pressing left after 1.5 seconds restarts the song instead of going to the previous one.
- Workaround for bug with "MoveNext()" while Paused causing the song to unload.
- Added touch buttons for the ZuneHD (previous song, pause, play, next song).
- Added touch slide to control volume on the ZuneHD.
- Added album name display for the ZuneHD.

v.1.2 (February 10th, 2010)
- Made positions relative to the screen size in order to support the ZuneHD in a future version.
- Modified the random song algorithm, simply choose a random song from the complete list.
- Album art will now always stretch/fit in the square region at the top of the screen.

v.1.1 (February 9th, 2010)
- New font (ChunkFive). However this font does not support accents.
- Added random song mode when no song is playing after launching the application.
- Moved timings so that they never go outside of the screen.
- Volume control is now in percent for smoother control.
- Added missing Game Thumbnail file.

HDmaster 02-09-2010 11:36 AM

I like it, but what does it mean "supports lrc format".

jfperusse 02-09-2010 11:45 AM

It means that the application uses the "lrc" file format, which are special text files in which lines start with the timing of the lyrics (e.g. "[1:45:32]and pull us through"). With this, you get scrolling lyrics, and the currently playing line is displayed in yellow.

Ryuk 02-09-2010 11:49 AM

Great job, I'm impressed and very proud of you!

If there's anything that can be brushed up, maybe it's the fonts you use for your display. Otherwise, looks great! =)

jfperusse 02-09-2010 11:53 AM

Thank you!

Yes, I'd like to find the exact font that is used on the Zune in the normal music mode. It would look a lot better than the one I'm using right now. If anyone knows a good font to use, let me know!

I added your suggestion to my Future Version list. :)

jfperusse 02-09-2010 05:08 PM

Updated to v.1.1, and this includes a new font (ChunkFive). Let me know if you like it!

ZGamer 02-10-2010 01:37 PM

:( No zHD???

jfperusse 02-10-2010 02:48 PM

I don't have a Zune HD :cry1:

Is Zune Lyrics not compatible at all with the Zune HD?

If so, anyone knows what needs to be done for the Zune HD? I could release an HD version with the required changes.

jfperusse 02-13-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGamer (Post 460619)
:( No zHD???

As you can see from the new screenshots, I've added touch screen support for the Zune HD. Since I don't have a zHD, I could only test these changes on PC with the mouse, so if anyone could give it a try, this would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

jfperusse 02-16-2010 05:37 AM

For those interested, I've released the source files for my application (now called XNALyrics). If you have an XNA Creators Club license, you can even compile it for Xbox and listen to your music (uses the secondary music source at the moment, e.g. PC) while watching the lyrics.

DJAlmix 02-16-2010 01:55 PM

Well I like this app and tested it with the Zune HD, it works but the graphics don't capture the UI that well, if you want I can give you some updated graphics that look exactly like the UI and the UI of the Zune HD's font. I would just need you to email me the content folder of the program, since I haven't registered my copy of VB.

jfperusse 02-16-2010 03:15 PM

That'd be great! Everything is inside ZuneLyrics_SRC.zip on my website. Let me know if you're missing anything. Thank you!

greenops 02-20-2010 08:22 AM

Really like this, but there's one major problem. It won't allow umlauts in the song title, which are ö, ä and ü letters. For instance I can't use this song file "Madsen - Grausam und schön.lrc" it gives an error when packaging it. other than this it's an awesome app, a little touch up on the ui and this is a grade A app!

jfperusse 02-20-2010 09:22 AM

Hi, I will try an .lrc file with that name. If there is a problem when packaging, I suggest you simply replace the 'ö' by a simple 'o', ZuneLyrics automatically replace such characters in songs title/artist, so it will still be able to find the file. I can probably change the batch file to automatically rename these.

... a few minutes later ...

There you go. Version 1.6 contains a new executable called by Package.bat to automatically rename your files. Let me know if you still have problems with those songs. Thanks!

greenops 02-20-2010 10:57 AM

No more errors when packaging that's awesome. I had tried renaming the file without the umlauts, but I made a typo when I did. Thanks for the quick update!

Edit:
When deploying I get an error saying. "error 2600: the package contains files that should not be trusted" and it then aborts the operation.

jfperusse 02-20-2010 11:38 AM

Hmm, this is probably because of the FileCleaner exe, I'll have to move it up a level, I'll let you know when it is ready so you can try it. Thanks!

Edit: I've updated the files on my website. I've reorganized the folders in ZuneLyrics.zip so that files to be packaged are in their own folder. I made sure that packaging and deploying was working fine. Let me know if it works for you!

Rob 02-20-2010 12:06 PM

very nice!!

i like very much what i see!

tech.freak243 02-22-2010 06:10 AM

will this work on the zune 4,8,16,80,120? you know the ones with that touchpad

jfperusse 02-22-2010 08:49 AM

Yes, it works on any Zune version!

Ricardo Dawkins 02-24-2010 10:42 PM

wow, the premium media experience (aka Zune ecosystem) requires an app for displaying lyrics. So sad that this feature is not included in the main firmware.

This is a FAIL on any book.